Sign in to follow this  
AlexTheSane

Did I get a good deal?

I found this auction with 18 minutes left and no bids.  Couldn't figure out why no one else had bid.

Totally expected someone to outbid me, but I won the auction.

Can anyone see anything wrong with this?  Did I get a good deal?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=360073785

Just looking at the pictures, it doesn't look too bad. It's hard to tell but it looks like there are a lot of light scratches all over the SS (probably from someone wiping it down with a dry rag) which isn't a big deal if you don't mind it. Receive it, clean it, and shoot the shi* out of it!

Just looking at the pictures, it doesn't look too bad. It's hard to tell but it looks like there are a lot of light scratches all over the SS (probably from someone wiping it down with a dry rag) which isn't a big deal if you don't mind it. Receive it, clean it, and shoot the shi* out of it!

I don't mind the scratches, just wanted a nice revolver I can take to the range.

Looks good, assuming the timing is good. 

No lock in it, - Pre 2002.

Looks like it may have an aftermarket rear sight blade on it.... I don't know if S&W ever did the white outline on the rear sight notch ( pizza bob can confirm that one )

it'll probably look much better in person, the flash of the camera usually brings out all the little scratches that are hardly visible in person.