Sign in to follow this  
Teky0101

NJ Turnpike Gloucester County

Anyone know what in the world they are doing on the NJ Turnpike at 2:00am? I hear lots of trucks, back up signals, bright lights and something that sounds like a huge subwoofer thats is piercing my house. Now the air smells like asphalt. They should not be doing this at 2:00am!

not sure what they are specifically doing where you are, but when the DOT fixes/updates highways, they typically do it overnight so that the roads can be as clear as they can for the morning rush hour traffic...

I wish all road construction would be done at night, for exactly this reason. Its better to keep a few hundred people up at night, then inflict massive traffic delays on, perhaps, tens of thousands of drivers.

Not to mention, the economic and environmental impact that results from the infamous NJ traffic. It would be so easy to fix with just a few policy/legal/enforcement changes. Yet, it will be a cold day in hell before they do anything other then just add more lanes.

Thank you for the replies. Even though its annoying to listen to I have to agree that it does make it easier traffic wise. I Also think NJ needs to add a lot more on ramps to the turnpike it would cut off so much time to go down the shore.

Thats paving work.  The subwoofer thing is a vibratory roller.  The rest of the noises are self explanatory.  The good thing about paving is that it continues on at a steady pace and will stop bugging you soon enough.

Ken