Nucrunner

Permits are in!!!(2)

Permits are in!!!(2)

My heart is set on a full sized S&W M&P (9mm) and a S&W 586 (357/38).

I’m been looking since I put in for my permits (30 days), unfortunately while there was a 586 locally a month ago, I haven’t seen either (weekly checks to 3-4 local shops in So. Jersey).  

I’m primarily just a target shooter, hoping to get involved with some 3 gun shoots in the very near future.

Anyone seen my gun??

Any comments on my choices?

My son has been pushing me towards a Berretta M9.

I want to stay with a product made in the USA.

Thanks for any comments.

I own a Taurus PT 101-p, it is basically a knock off of the M9, it cost like $299 brand new a few years ago, the thing is a MONSTER just like the M9...  I have NEVER had a jam or misfeed (around 800-1000 rounds so far) and if you suck at shooting and empty all your clips and the guy is still coming for you, you can beat him to death with the thing... again MONSTER! its a BRICK!!  but shoots well and feeds whatever crap ammo I throw into it... Other than the the M&P is a really comfortable and smooth gun to shoot.  its a TON lighter than the M9

I have a couple other military pieces, my son (military) thinks I should stick with the military style weapons (haha, my son and my beneficiary).

As far as the 586 over the 686, I believe they are pretty much the same weapon, the 586 is blued with hardwood handles

I own a Taurus PT 101-p, it is basically a knock off of the M9, it cost like $299 brand new a few years ago, the thing is a MONSTER just like the M9...  I have NEVER had a jam or misfeed (around 800-1000 rounds so far) and if you suck at shooting and empty all your clips and the guy is still coming for you, you can beat him to death with the thing... again MONSTER! its a BRICK!!  but shoots well and feeds whatever crap ammo I throw into it... Other than the the M&P is a really comfortable and smooth gun to shoot.  its a TON lighter than the M9

Taurus - Made in Brazil - no?

Permits are in!!!(2)

I’m been looking since I put in for my permits (30 days), unfortunately while there was a 586 locally a month ago, I haven’t seen either (weekly checks to 3-4 local shops in So. Jersey).  

I’m primarily just a target shooter, hoping to get involved with some 3 gun shoots in the very near future.

Anyone seen my gun??

Thanks for any comments.

I have a couple other military pieces, my son (military) thinks I should stick with the military style weapons (haha, my son and my beneficiary).

As far as the 586 over the 686, I believe they are pretty much the same weapon, the 586 is blued with hardwood handles

My bad, I was thinking it was the one with the lighter frame.

Permits are in!!!(2)

Anyone seen my gun??

Thanks for any comments.

I was set on exactly the same 2 guns a while ago.

I wasn't able to find M&P9 (full size) and ended up getting a Beretta 92FS - very happy with it.

I had initially thought about getting the 686 (stainless steel) but when I saw the 586 with the wood grips I knew I had to have it.

Found the first 586 in Hackettstown but surprisingly they refused to keep it for me even with a full payment.

A week later found another much closer to home at Heritage.

You won't be disappointed with any of those.

Keep calling/visiting the stores.

Inventories are much better now than they were a few months ago.

I got the M9A1 in May.  I've put almost 1,000 rounds through it, and not a single problem.  I love it.  I highly recommend it.  Why not go to a local firing range and rent a couple of guns to try out?

Went to County Sports Thursday night in Carney’s Point – no luck (he had a 586 about thirty days ago, before I had my permits).  Went to 3 places on Friday, (Bob’s Ed’s, and Hague’s), and 2 more on Saturday (Pole Tavern, Butch’s in Vineland). No luck in my search for a S&W 586 or M&P 9mm. One dealer reported having sold an M&P 9 a couple days ago, the Pole Tavern guy said he sold a Range Kit (WOW! That would have been sweet) just a couple days ago. There were a few M&P 40’s and M9’s out there.

A couple dealers took my name and number, and they all agreed that all I could do was keep checking back.

Doing some shooting Sunday morning at SJSC, will see what Banger’s has in stock.

The M&P 40 and the M9 are on my short list, but I want to put 20-25 days into finding the pieces I originally set out for...

Thanks for the suggestions.

Spike 7.62 - Thank you, I'm on the opposite side of the state. I'm hearing of two places near the shore with what I'm looking for in stock. My work has me tied up for a few days, I'll try to get over there as my time frees up - Thanks for the head's up