Sign in to follow this  
NJKen

New 223 load development with win 748.. suggestions

Since I can not find any of my go to powders lately I have been forced to try win 748.  From all my data it does seem like a good powder for the 55grain area of the 223.  Has anyone used it?  What are your favorite load/bullet/primer combo?  I loaded a bunch last night from min to max, two different primers, and 3 different bullets.  Now I just need to get to the range with my chrono and try it out. 

Hopefully I will be able to get some varget and cfe223 soon.  If anyone sees any post it up here!

Ken

Cool.  Some of my experimental loads cross the same charge and bullet weights you guys are using.  Ill have to see when I go to the range.  Ill post charge/velocity info after I go for anyone else that is having to switch powders due to the shortage.

Ken

Someone in the forum is selling Varget--check the marketplace.

I must be losing my mind because I just checked and it wasn't there. I could have sworn that there was a 4 or 8lb jug for sale.

I must have missed that.  I do keep an eye on the marketplace.  Some things fly out of there within minutes. 

Ken

I'm organizing a group buy for either 3rd gen or Powder Valley for Tuesday. PV just got a large shipment of powders that they're going to release on Tuesday so check both sites then and let me know if you're interested in getting in on it.