Clintoon Eastwood

Did it hurt? Share your 1st firearm related incident

Just last week was shooting clays with an old Winchester single shot and my friend was throwing the clays with one of those el cheapo plastic throwers.  He was on my right and very  slightly behind me.   I yelled "pull" and the next think I knew I heard a noise like a gigundo bell going off in my head.  Got me squarely in the right temple with the clay.  First time in 78 year that I literally got my bell rung. Have a nice welt but luckily no major damage.   Pays to have a hard head.   

I was 14 and shooting for what was probably my first time ever. Went to sunset hills in pa and shot a bunch of aks ars and some handguns. So gung-ho 14y0 me gets ready to shoot a real rifle which was a garand and on the first shot I popped myself right in the nose. Only damage was a bloody nose and my hurt ego

1st & only time I ever shot an AK (about 20 years ago).  Friend had it all tripped out (nice stock, scope, tripod, etc).  I had never looked through a scope before so I got nice and close....pulled the trigger...BAM, thing kicked like a mule and the scope cut me right over my eyebrow.  Only hurt a little....think my pride hurt more.

Since getting into firearms on my own (past six months), only my wallet has been injured (thank God). 

Actually, not totally true.  While trying to figure out which gun I I wanted I went to the range to rent a few guns.  I wanted to rent an SR9 but it was rented so rented the SR40 and a Ruger SP101. Ran 50 rounds of .40 caliber,  50 rounds of .38s and 50 rounds of .375.  Shot all that in about 45 minutes or so.  Skin between my thumb and index finger was rubbed raw (I was probably limp wristing).  RO asked how I liked the guns.  Told him the sight on the Ruger was a bit hard to see and thought I would have shot a little better (think it was 3 inch barrel).  He recommned next time I try the 6 inch S&W 357 Magnum (686 Plus).  I thought, "When am I going to get up here again!?, and just rented it with another box of .38 and another box of .357.    Litterally rubbed the skin off the webbing of my hand!  And yes, it hurt.