DirtyDigz

Recommend me a fun motorcycle ride route?

Rare confluence of events happening tomorrow:

- Day off work

-plus-

- Working motorcycle

-plus-

- Great weather

-plus-

- Unemployed GF out of town

=  I'm going riding, yay!

Problem is it's been several years since I've done much backroads riding, and I'm not sure what the "good" roads are anymore.

Anyone feel like recommending a route for a 3-4 hour ride, starting and ending in Morristown?  Would like to avoid long stretches of highway if possible, but if all else fails I'll either do a run up to High Point or possibly Bear Mountain.

To get out of Morris County, take Landing Rd out of Ledgewood.  When you get to the lake turn left.  After the state park turn left at the light.  Enjoy the twisties until you have to turn right onto 605. Continue until the next light and turn left on Maxim drive. Turn right onto Roseville, and continue to end. Turn left at end and then a right onto 517. Then enjoy any of the following roads:

23 north of Sussex

Clove Rd

River Rd

Most of the county roads here in Sussex County are pretty decent for motorcycles. Just look at the map ahead of time for the curviest roads.

If you have time, visit Mastodon Ammo in Vernon, and Simon Peter in Andover.

Edit to add, there are a couple of roads going to Mastodon that are an absolute blast to ride.

To get out of Morris County, take Landing Rd out of Ledgewood.  When you get to the lake turn left.  After the state park turn left at the light.  Enjoy the twisties until you have to turn right onto 605. Continue until the next light and turn left on Maxim drive. Turn right onto Roseville, and continue to end. Turn left at end and then a right onto 517. Then enjoy any of the following roads:

23 north of Sussex

Clove Rd

River Rd

Most of the county roads here in Sussex County are pretty decent for motorcycles. Just look at the map ahead of time for the curviest roads.

Thank you kindly, I'll look that up on gmaps shortly.

One more thing to add, The Chatterbox in Frankford, intersection of 206, 565, and 15 has bike night on Thursday. Usually starts 5:30 or so and some of us locals have closed the place on many occasions.

Yep, heard about that elsewhere.  I assume that's largely not happening anymore with shortening days, but I'll check it out next spring.

if you end up at high point you can also wiggle over to 521 and run that down to 80 and further south if you wanted I think shades of death road is not far from there if I recall , its been several years since I was on 2 wheels and cruising the area for fun

To get out of Morris County, take Landing Rd out of Ledgewood. When you get to the lake turn left. After the state park turn left at the light. Enjoy the twisties until you have to turn right onto 605. Continue until the next light and turn left on Maxim drive. Turn right onto Roseville, and continue to end. Turn left at end and then a right onto 517. Then enjoy any of the following roads:

23 north of Sussex

Clove Rd

River Rd

Edit to add, there are a couple of roads going to Mastodon that are an absolute blast to ride.

One of my favorite rides as well. Just when you get to the intersection of maxim drive and turn left thats actually Lackawanna drive. Maxim is a right. Go left on Lackawanna to Roseville Rd. They just paved that road this week I rode it yesterday its sweet. Just watch out for byram Twp's finest they love to sit between North Jersey Auto Wreckers and the first tunnel. Got nailed there more than once. I also highly recommend Limecrest Rd. I love my CBR on the section past the quary. Sweet road. Just slow down over the train tracks or you will catch air!

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

So where'd you end up going?

Followed your suggested starting point, put couldn't find where roseville intersected with Maxim (saw that DeerSlayer cleared it up with his post), so basically did 607 to 605.  Took 605 for nostalgia purposes as I used to live off of Stanhope Road in Sparta.  Then 517, 23 S to 638, stopped at Mastodon and said hi briefly, up 515/94 into New Milford, then 21 S/513/511/692 and back to 287 to home.