gleninjersey

EAA Witness Match - Anyone Have One I Could Try?

I shoot in Easton at Heritage Guild & EFGA. Seriously considering the EAA Witness Match in 9mm or 45. Have never held or shoot one so was wondering if I could meet someone who has one to take it for a test drive.

If you have one but can't meet me please feel free to let me know how you like or dislike your's.

Slickguns.com has them for about $550 delivered. Like the option of being able to buy several conversion kits for the frame & have heard they are good, accurate shooters.

Depending on where you are located, OMG in Bayonne has the EAA Witness Match Elite in 9mm with a 10 rd mag.  His price is $629 (+ 3.5% tax).

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/classifieds/item/1171-handguns-for-sale-107/

Price on Slickguns was around $550 but it looks like clicking on the site actually shows a retail price of $598 (or cash discount of $581).  Stock magazine is 18 rds so pretty much useless for you unless you get it pinned.  With transfer, this should be pretty close.

Let me know how you like it.  I was thinking of the Witness Stock III as a future purchase.

Really looking at the steel versions.  Don't know why but "guns" and "plastic" just don't seem to fit for me right now.  Also, since conceal carry is virtually impossible in the Peoples Republic of NJ I'm not concernced about the additional weight.

Maybe one day I'll look a the "plastic fantastics"....maybe one day soon.

Nice guns. The 10mm models have a reputation for slide/frame cracking. Haven't heard anything negative about them except for spotty customer service from their importer in Florida.

I've read / heard about some of the issues with the 10mm and same with their spotty customer service but since I'm not looking at the 10mm and I've read / heard of stories of people who had problems, sent gun in and had gun back with problem resolved I'm willing to role the dice a little and hope I never have to find out for myself how good or bad their customer service is.

I think max has a witness elite or elite limited...in 40 cal.. pm him.

Just sent a forum member simple called "Max" a PM.  Doesn't appear to be very active on the forums as they have no post so hopefully it is the right "Max" and they receive it.  Thanks for the heads up & let me know if I have the incorrect "Max".

Just sent a forum member simple called "Max" a PM.  Doesn't appear to be very active on the forums as they have no post so hopefully it is the right "Max" and they receive it.  Thanks for the heads up & let me know if I have the incorrect "Max".

Wrong guy. Try Maksim.

I just shot there yesterday for the first time. Great place.

Shocking..nice Range Officers...not used to that, caught me off guard, lol.

I went there with the idea of trying the FN 5.7(I must have one now), and got a lot of input on the gun from one of the officers.

At any rate, I have the EAA Witness Elite Limited 10mm...thing is a tank. Love the trigger.

I know there were issues with earlier models, but I believe on this model they were addressed.

I love it, never had a problem.

1.jpg

I have one in 10 mm. More than welcome to try her out

Thanks for the offer!  See you shoot at Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Club.  That's not too far from me.  Let me know if you have some time Saturday or Sunday morning an would love to try it out. 

Main concern is the grips.  I have smaller hands.  CZ 75B fits me my hands great but the Witness looks a little bulkier.  Just want to make sure it's not too bulky.

AlexM, it was a pleasure meeting you and I hope we get a chance to shoot together some time in the future.

Thanks for showing me the EAA Witness Match Elite.  I'm not going to rave about what a great, low recoil shooter it is with a smoothe as silk trigger because I might let the secret out of the bag.  Very nice gun.  I do believe this is getting added to my collection.

As far as my concern about the ergos goes, the handle is slightly wider than my CZ 75B but still very comfortable.  Alex assured me you can purchase different  grips to make the grib a little narrower or wider if you like. 

Thanks again!