Combat Auto

NJ Serial Number Rules

I think you are good to go. 

You might want to prepare for someone getting their panties in a wad at your local PD or the NJSP firearms unit.  But I am fairly confident the manufacturer is free to assign any serial number they choose, so long as it is unique for their line of business. 

There's nothing in 2C:39 or 58 regarding this

As long as it is permanently marked by the manufacturer, you should be good to go.

Just remember, when you pick it up on a PPP, the top copy is the Form of Registration, so it's going to be known by the Firearms Unit in W. Trenton.

You may not want to piss them off up there with something like "F^CK NJSP" :keeporder:

There's nothing in 2C:39 or 58 regarding this

As long as it is permanently marked by the manufacturer, you should be good to go.

Just remember, when you pick it up on a PPP, the top copy is the Form of Registration, so it's going to be known by the Firearms Unit in W. Trenton.

You may not want to piss them off up there with something like "F^CK NJSP" :keeporder:

^^^^^That is awsome! If only I could :-).

Thanks all for the respons!

What are you getting?

I'll tell you as long as you don't make fun of the price? Agree?

Actually it is a hand-fitted, 1911 WW1 Replica, by Turnbull...Beautifull, and a "tack-driver" based on internet reports (but everyone says their guns are tack drivers :-)). So part shooter, part collector item, part heritage item (although I am not a collector per se).