ignatz

Glock dealers in northern NJ area

I had posted a question earlier about how to go from a long gun permit to a handgun permit, and this question dovetails on that one. I live in northern NJ, right on the NY state border (originally from Florida) and I plan to buy a Glock. I'm not super famailiar with the area (gun-wise) and I don't know reputations of gun dealers around here so I was hoping to compile a list of known good places to buy a Glock (new, not used).

I am ok with traveling a couple of hours I suppose, but not any further than that. So can I lean on the knowledge and experience of those of you who know the Glock world to steer me towards some Glock dealers where I can check out their prices and availability? Thanks.

I got my 19 at ottmanellis in woodland park. Ramsey outdoor sometimes has them in stock, but i did not care for the sales people. You should definately check out RTSP in randolph. They have an awesome selection and really helpful staff. I bought my second handgun from them, as ottimanellis didn't really want my business. I too live on the ny border and rtsp is about 40 min ride down 287 than up rt10.

Is it standard practice for a LGS to place "orders" for things they don't have in stock, or is one "encouraged" to take something from existing stock (perhaps, at a lower price), even if it might not  be exactly what you want?  Does this work a lot like "car dealers?" :)

RTSP has lots of Glocks, and lots of other stuff.  Typically most will not order for you, but some will.  If you can't find what you want then why not just use the internet and find one on gunbroker or armslist or some of the many other sites and have it shipped to your FFL of choice.  Yea you will have to pay an FFL fee which might range from about $20-$80 and pay for shipping but you might be able to side-step taxes [up to you do volunteer to pay the use tax :) ] and your bottom line cost might actually be less than what you would pay here in NJ plus you would get exactly what you want.  That said there are many FFLs here on the board that might be able to help you, why not put in a request for exactly what you are looking for.

RTSP has lots of Glocks, and lots of other stuff.  Typically most will not order for you, but some will.  If you can't find what you want then why not just use the internet and find one on gunbroker or armslist or some of the many other sites and have it shipped to your FFL of choice.  Yea you will have to pay an FFL fee which might range from about $20-$80 and pay for shipping but you might be able to side-step taxes [up to you do volunteer to pay the use tax :) ] and your bottom line cost might actually be less than what you would pay here in NJ plus you would get exactly what you want.  That said there are many FFLs here on the board that might be able to help you, why not put in a request for exactly what you are looking for.

Precisely what I will do. If I can get it from a dealer at a reasonable price, I would prefer that.

Thanks. :)

You didn't say where on the NY border. There's also Skylands Sport Shop in Augusta on Route 206. Right next to the NJSP Sussex Station.

They are a Glock stocking dealer. And they were (are?) having a sale on Glocks. I was there Monday and there are at least 8 Glocks in their case.

Im a member at RTSP and have bought a few glocks there. Good selection and great prices for members. They ordered a revolver I wanted once. And they will hold a gun for you with a deposit if your a member. Ramsay Outdoor has a shelf of glocks in stock at the Succunanna location on Rt. 10 I was just there. Simon Peter in Andover/Newton also has some glocks in stock. Or you could go the gun broker route.

To answer your other question: NJ doesn't require any permits for Long guns just a Fire Arms ID card. For hand guns you must have a FIDcard, go to your local PD or state police headquarters and apply for a permit to purchase a handgun. Once you pay, fill out paperwork, and provide two refrences, they issue the permit to you (usually takes a few weeks depending on the town) you've got 90 days to buy what you want. And you can only by law purchase one handgun every 30 days.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

I appreciate all of this very helpful information.

And sorry, I did neglect to say where along the NJ/NY border I'm located. Obviously it stretches pretty far east to west but I'm in Montvale (which borders Pearl River on the NY side). This would be the eastern border, and I'm almost exactly dead center between 287 (to the west) and the Hudson River (to the east).

I'll also check the gun broker and armslists sites later tonight. By the way the FFL fee is something that is only paid if I have it shipped to an FFL? If I buy in person they don't charge an equivelant fee?

Yes you only pay the FFL for the transfer service.  You will pay the $15 nics check fee for both direct purchase and transfer.  The other option if you don't have to have new is to do a private transaction.  You will avoid both the nics fee and FFL fee and might get a great deal on a "like-new" gun if you are lucky in a private sale.  For all three types you still need a valid P2P.

I appreciate all of this very helpful information.

And sorry, I did neglect to say where along the NJ/NY border I'm located. Obviously it stretches pretty far east to west but I'm in Montvale (which borders Pearl River on the NY side). This would be the eastern border, and I'm almost exactly dead center between 287 (to the west) and the Hudson River (to the east).

I'll also check the gun broker and armslists sites later tonight. By the way the FFL fee is something that is only paid if I have it shipped to an FFL? If I buy in person they don't charge an equivelant fee?

That means that Ramsey Outdoors in Ramsey (their HQ location) is close to your place.  Also, you can check G&S Hunters in Paterson, Ottomannellis in Woodland Park.  Speaking of Woodland Park - there is a shooting range right there, and I think they do transfer as FFL for $20.

That means that Ramsey Outdoors in Ramsey (their HQ location) is close to your place.  Also, you can check G&S Hunters in Paterson, Ottomannellis in Woodland Park.  Speaking of Woodland Park - there is a shooting range right there, and I think they do transfer as FFL for $20.

Thanks Michael.

I had heard about the Woodland Park range. And actually I had heard their online radio station. At first I didn't undersatnd their hard core attitude, but now that I am learning about the lack of gun freedoms here in NJ, I can totally understand. NJ is very disrespectful of the 2nd Amendment, which seems extremely extreme to me.

I plan to check out that range as soon as I get my Glock. They truly deserve my business and support for the way that they try to do what they can to expose this state for it's attitude about guns.