nuclearheli

Members Only Steel CJRPC

Members Only Steel match is this Sunday, Oct 27th Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club. Normally it's the third Sunday of the month but I had to change the date because of the Cowboy Weekend at CJ. Registration begins at 0815, and closes promptly at 0845. Briefing starts at 0845, shooting starts at 0900. One firearm, any class, five stages. Anyone who has been to one of these knows it's over by 1130 - 1200. Quick stages, lots of fun. I may have a surprise planned for one stage, not sure yet. Bring 5 magazines. Children and spouses are considered "Members" at CJ so they can shoot also. Price is $3. Limited to members of CJRPC.

5 stages, 5 targets, 5 times = 125 rounds assuming perfection, which everyone is of course. Bring extra just in case your off.

Next Sunday, November 3rd, the First Sunday Steel Match at CJ, open to the public. Six stages, 5 targets, shoot multiple guns if you want.  Registration 0815, Briefing 0900 followed by shooting. Bring more ammo! 

See you Sunday

Members Only Steel match is this Sunday, Oct 27th Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club.

See you Sunday

Thanks for the post...I did my first last month and it was loads of fun and great comradari with fellow shooters...

One question, this is not a complaint, but more curiousity. I am guessing the steel-plate-clustors are 30-40 feet from the shooter. So, why arn't there any long shots involved? Say 60-70 feet, maybe one per stage or maybe 2or 3 for the whole match?

Thanks.

+1 blksheep

When we organized the members only steel match it was in response to people that were not able to shoot the first Sunday match. The complaints were that it lasted too long, and was too difficult. And in fact that is true of the first Sunday match for many shooters. It lasts well into the afternoon and caters to shooters that have more experience. It is also much more competitive. So we decided to create members only steel to cut down on the attendance, shorten the match, make it faster, and make if fun for the regular and beginner shooters. Many people stay away from the big match because they feel intimidated shooting with people that have shot steel for years and also with people that actually travel and compete on a national level. It's hard to have fun and feel good about yourself if you are a new shooter shooting against people that have ranked nationally in steel. This was a good compromise so we agreed to direct a match that was taken down a few notches. Most of us still shoot the first Sunday match also. 

If the stages seem less difficult that is by design and exactly what we intended. Even the seasoned shooters running the first Sunday match enjoy the fun of the Members Only match. It was never intended to be a "By The Book" steel match.

. Many people stay away from the big match because they feel intimidated shooting with people that have shot steel for years and also with people that actually travel and compete on a national level. It's hard to have fun and feel good about yourself if you are a new shooter shooting against people that have ranked nationally in steel. This was a good compromise so we agreed to direct a match that was taken down a few notches. Most of us still shoot the first Sunday match also. 

The crowd is really friendly though.  I don't care how much better the people in my squad are I care if I can get along with them.  I don't like attitudes and arrogance but I've never encountered

that at CJ.  Personally I prefer to shoot with people much better than me.  You can ask questions, watch, and learn a lot.  From my experience everyone is willing to help out and answer questions.

I like shooting with a variety of shooters at different levels...The ones better, give me some goals...The ones less expierence give me an opertunity to help...All around good stuff.

My issue with the USPSA matches which I've gone to about 6 or so is that they are so long. Not that I mind being out there on a fine day for shooting, butjust hard to devote a full day to it cause of other obligations.  4 at least by time one gets home. What time do the Standard Monthly Steel matches end?

Yes, we will.

Nuclear, Bravo, Bravo, Bravo! What a great match!

You folks hit it out of the Park!

Plenty of variation and challange btwn the stages...I like those what say 65 foot shots. And stage 5 with the plate rack was unbelievably fun.

The match is run so effeciently, I still have 1/2 day to go.

Keep up the great work!

C.A.

PS Great match, Great People, Great weather, dosn't get any better!

Nuclear, Bravo, Bravo, Bravo! What a great match!

You folks hit it out of the Park!

Plenty of variation and challange btwn the stages...I like those what say 65 foot shots. And stage 5 with the plate rack was unbelievably fun.

The match is run so effeciently, I still have 1/2 day to go.

Keep up the great work!

C.A.

PS Great match, Great People, Great weather, dosn't get any better!

+100

Was a great day. Plate rack was a nice curveball.

Thanks for all the kind words and great support. So much help today. Everyone seemed to have a great time. The scores are done and sent to the the webmaster of CJ Steel (http://www.centraljerseysteel.com/home.html). Check in later tonight or tomorrow to see the scores.

Thanks again, see you next month.