Sign in to follow this  
Barms

More blemishes than a 15yr old kid.

Okay I know I've only been into this for a couple of years. But lately it seems like the MAJORITY of internet offerings are for "blemished" items. (yes, i get it many here rave about their blemish buys as a perfect item, I'm not challenging that)

But what I mean is there something afoot here it almost feels like the retailers think they do more volume by "producing" more blemished offerings.

Every single PSA email contains a blemish deal. Slickguns too. I dunno. Maybe it's just the evolution of marketing. Or maybe i just have to troll less on those sites. I just think its way more now

Let them keep coming... Most deals are great and the blemishes either don't exist or you have took hard to find them. I have a PSA upper and looked hard to only find a slight coating run inside the top of the upper. Had no affect on function. Keep your eyes peeled.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

The blems I've seen from PSA and BCM are not bad.

They are so normal, it makes me suspicious that it's a marketing gimmick. A marketing gimmick with no victims.

I'm not sure they are pulling them out because they don't meet their "standards." I think it is more likely they are handpicking a few to sell to bottom feeders simply to increase sales to people that are not normally buying. Sort of the opposite of "hand picked" select for surplus items.

At the increased velocity most manufacturers are producing at, the quality seems to be dipping.  With serialized components like lowers, they either have to be destroyed or sold as blems since they typically can't be fixed.  I'm going through this right now and plan to blow out billet lowers at $80ea in the near future while I work out the compensation plan with the manufacturer as I paid for firsts and got seconds.

At the increased velocity most manufacturers are producing at, the quality seems to be dipping. With serialized components like lowers, they either have to be destroyed or sold as blems since they typically can't be fixed. I'm going through this right now and plan to blow out billet lowers at $80ea in the near future while I work out the compensation plan with the manufacturer as I paid for firsts and got seconds.

More info please!!!!

More info please!!!!

PX15 lowers made of 7075-T6.  Bolt catch is threaded.  Rear takedown detent hole is also threaded so you can screw in the supplied hex head insert so when the stock assembly is removed, the spring doesn't fly out.  Tensioning hole is also drilled in the lower to adjust the tension between upper and lower.  All of this hardware is provided.  

My primary gripe is the anodizing.  It's a milspec hardcoat (type 3, class 2) however is a little rougher than my standards and I suspect it's because the surface wasn't properly prepped.  I think the bead blasting was done with a grit size too large which in turn causes the plating to be rough.  Functionally, they're fine and the machining is pretty decent.  I just can't bring myself to offer these as first quality, Midwest PX branded parts.  My benchmark is Mega Arms.  I will not sell a lower that I don't feel is as good if not better than Mega.

If you guys want to know when my blem billets are being sold, keep an eye on my subforum or create an account in the webstore and sign up for the newsletter.  I don't send out very many newsletters so you don't have to worry about getting spammed to death.

The link in your signature gives a "404 Not Found" error.