fumanchu182

Potentially looking to move out of Hudson County, looking for a place to rent.

I currently rent in Guttenberg, NJ and am not looking to renew my lease at the end of December.  I'm looking for a place to live that is 1BR and has a parking spot.  The caveat here is that I'd like to rent in a gun friendly neighborhood (i.e. the police department doesn't dick around with separate forms), which is why I said I'm looking to move out of Hudson county (have had it with retards in the area).  I could leave north in a Bergen county town or west in Passaic or the part of Essex that is not Newark.  The only caveat is because of my job I have to be able to commute to NYC from bus/transit somehow.

Does anyone have any recommendations or know anyone looking for a roommate?

-Anthony

I'm looking for a place to live that is 1BR and has a parking spot.  The caveat here is that I'd like to rent in a gun friendly neighborhood,

The only caveat is because of my job I have to be able to commute to NYC from bus/transit somehow.

Pennsylvania?

Just my 2 cents - probably I can't recommend you specific area to choose, but I would definitely recommend you to stay away from Bloomfield area with your requirements / wishes.

While commute to NYC is almost excellent (32 minutes on a train to NYPenn or DeCamp buses to PABT) in other aspects it really sucks.

Local PD seems to be strongly anti-gun now (at least I see no other explanation of my paperwork being held somewhere for almost 4 months now and of other recent posts with people waiting for 8 months or more for their P2Ps here) and parking (unless a building has a dedicated garage which many older buildings don't) is messy - more and more streets are falling under BPA (Bloomfield Parking Authority) regulation, new meters are being installed etc.

On the positive side area seems to be improving overall (over almost 3 years that I live here I see new buildings constructed now), but speaking frankly - I would definitely NOT recommend anyone to rent here now. I had an idea not to extend my lease as well - mainly for reasons more related to my specific building and its exact location, but also because of environment here overall...

Hope that helps somehow.

Do you have any budget that you are thinking of (if you're willing/able to say)? That could really help with suggestions.

Also, do you need to be walking distance to train/bus or can you drive a few minutes to the station?

I'm renting in Wayne near a train station and Wayne PD seems pretty good with permits. It took 7 weeks earlier this year at the peak of the madness and they were apologetic about the delay.

Budget for a one bedroom with some closet space and a parking spot is about 1200.  The less for rent the better, the only thing is that dedicated parking is a must.  I'm not parking my SRT8 on the street.

Randolph Twp has a very nice garden apt. complex called "Gateways." 44 Center Grove Rd." Only 1-2 miles to the Dover train station.

Lyndhurst might be worth looking into. It has two different train stations (with plenty of parking in the morning) and multiple bus lines, all of which are a short trip to NYC. From what I've seen here, PD is relatively quick to turnaround FID/permits. I thought I saw someone here recently mention they were under 2 months for an initial FID. 

If you don't mind going a little north, I live in Butler and have no problems with permits.  You should be able to find something for that amount.  I've seen apartments with parking for rent in Butler, but not sure of the costs.  Butler, Bloomingdale, and West Milford is close enough to commute to NYC.  The NJT 194 bus goes down Rt. 23 and picks up in these areas.  I did it for some time.

Randolph Twp has a very nice garden apt. complex called "Gateways." 44 Center Grove Rd." Only 1-2 miles to the Dover train station.

My buddy lived there for a few years......    garages are even available - might be a small waiting list for them

My buddy lived there for a few years......    garages are even available - might be a small waiting list for them

I had one.  Until I bought an SUV which didn't fit anymore. :( They're a little short, or my SUV was  a little tall.