pasu0115

hot water heater problem

Read through the whole back and forth thing. Had the same discussion with my dentist recently. He was whining about paying a plumber (in NYC) about $1000 to do a water connection to him spitoon sink on the dental chair. I asked him if I ever argued with his pricing. He said no. Then I asked him if he wired his office, did the plumbing, laid the tiles and installed all his fixtures. He said no. I asked him if he knew how. He again said no. I said I don't know dentistry so I pay you. You don't know masonry, electrical or plumbing so you pay me. What's the problem?

He then shut up

Thread has turned into an abomination.  OP is clearly not interested in doing this kind of work himself.. Not sure why people insist on telling the OP to do the work himself or bashing plumbers, as they provide a service to many who aren't comfortable doing this kind of work themselves (myself being one of them)..  like with any other profession, there are bad ones and good ones.. i've hired both..  but when you get a good one, you stick with them..  (same thing for electricians, HVAC, etc, etc)

Easy fix. Do not call a plumber. Go to Home Depot and and buy a new hot water heat. Size and quality are up to you. Then buy the flexible braided steel lines and two shark bite connectors. If you don't have a pipe cutter grab one of them too. Take all that home. With water and electric off, drain your old heater with a garden hose. Cut the in and out lines. Disconnect the wires. Pull the old one out and put the new one in. The shark bite connectors just push right on to the copper pipes you cut. Should all take about 30 min. Good luck

This :-) for those that can do it themselves.Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk
Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

Ok, if you say so. Have a good evening, I leave you with this:

So there was a neurosurgeon who called a plumber for a house visit.

The plumber arrived and after spending an hour bestowed the neurosurgeon a bill of $500. The surgeon was stunned; he said, “Even I don’t charge this much after a surgery.” The plumber stood up, gave him a sly look and said, “well that is why I am a plumber now; I used to be a neurosurgeon.”

I will tell you this I own a successful plumbing heating and air business, and I cant afford to live in SmokeRise, Mountain Lakes, Mendham, Upper Saddle River, Basking Ridge, so I doubt highly I'm the guy ripping people off that everyone speaks of. I do have a nice house and some nice toys but I physicaly busted my ass for what I have. And had to deal with thousands of homeowners to achieve what i have. Not fun sometimes. Just like there are some dishonest plumbers, I would say there are just as many horrible homeowners to match them. There are around 900 master plumbers in the state. How many are jerks? How many homes are in the state? I believe the jerk customers outnumber us by a landslide. And no I don't think everyone that calls me is a jerk I actually have great customers I'm lucky, I weeded out the bad ones years ago.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Never said you were dishonest, whole point of this was to inform people who are capable of sweating a couple of fittings had options. I'm not saying it's for everybody. Those that can should if they are capable save some bucks,those that can't should call a reputable plumber such as yourself. Good day.

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

Good to know, I'll give you a call the next time I don’t want my house burned down, or carbon monoxide poising. And, $350-400 for an hours work I’m sure that’s a reasonable price. Thanks for reinforcing my confidence and belief in plumbers.

^^^^This... Your right you didn't come out and actually say it, just insinuated... It's cool I forgive you.:lol: Have a great day also.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!