sof

Dumbest NJ gun law

It's not just the "dumb" (i.e., ill-concieved) laws that are irksome (putting aside the issue that they are clearly unconstitutional), many of the law cause danger to the user and or public. Such as the illegality of hollow points, the  pinned buttstock that maymake a rifel more dificult to control if wearing a thick coat. And what about SUPRESSORS? In Europe, you have to use a supressor at an outdoor range so as not to disturbe the neighbors!!

Simple - the premise that possession of any firearm is illegal and then (very poorly) carving out exemptions which the gun owner has to prove that they fit into rather than a presumption of innocence.

This needs to be challenged in the post Heller/McDonald world.

What do you consider the dumbest NJ gun law and why do you feel that way?

For me, it's the rule that an AR stock has to be pinned. Let's say the law is to prevent concealablity, so, what if a stock is pinned at it's shortest length? Same dimensions. If you are trying to prevent a folding type stock making it 'like a handgun', that's one long handgun with very little advantage over many of the semis and/or revolvers out there. Maybe, it's just to try to make it harder to have a gun that is perfectly comfortable for more than one shooter.

The need to remove bayo lugs off ar's baffles me.

Goodness gracious.

They don't care one bit about the "concealablity" (SIC) of your rifle/stock, and they don't care if it is pinned or not.

They don't care if your rifle has a bayonet or not, let alone a bayonet lug.

I don't ever think I am going to come to grips with the possibility that it might be that I am older than you are stupid. (not you specifically, just this strange preponderance of ignorance)

They banned ARs. All of them. They threw in bayo lugs and collapsible stocks just to make sure you didn't rename your ARs.

You cut off your bayo lugs and pinned your collapsible stocks to get around the fact that they wanted ALL ARs banned.