Bully

Worlds Finest Trimmer... Anyone Use It?

Just saw this.  From http://www.littlecrowgunworks.com/ .  The "Worlds Finest Trimmer" that indexes off the shoulder.  Seems like it should work.  It is caliber specific but I only load 1 thing that needs trimming so it might be ok??? 

If anyone has any insight, please let me know. 

C

Hey Pete.

Yup, I saw the vid.  That's what got me interested.  I'm just wondering if it's as good as the self-hype.

C

I don't think the guy in the video has anything to do with Little crow. He says he's from  AccurateShooter.com.  That sight has many reviews of different products.

I use one for .223 and it works well. The cases have to be sized before trimming because it measures off the shoulder. I use a Lee sizing die and the cases often get stuck in the trimmer due to leaving the case mouth too large (I believe). It is fast and it leaves a nice clean edge that needs very little de-burring, but it takes a while to get the right feel for how much pressure to use.

I had a possum hollow trimmer. Same basic concept although I believe the WFT is designed to reduce some of the shortcomings. For low volume it should be great, however I can say that in terms of overall performance, if you can't swing a giraud (and I can't), then the RCBS with the three way cutter does a decent job and save a lot of time by trimming and doing inside and outside chamfer in one go. I can tell you using the possum hollow chucked up in a drill, doing 100 rounds wasn't bad. Doing 300 was rough on the hands/skin. 100 was faster than 100 on the RCBS, 300 was not. 

The Giraud is nice but completely impractical for me at this time.  I don't do a lot of rifle shooting and I want to keep the costs down as best I can.  I do like the idea of just running these in and trimming that quickly.  I just am always skeptical when it comes to this stuff, especially as I don't know a lot about it. 

As for chamfering and deburring, what should I be looking at?  Just the little hand tool? 

Thanks, as always.

C

The Giraud is nice but completely impractical for me at this time. I don't do a lot of rifle shooting and I want to keep the costs down as best I can. I do like the idea of just running these in and trimming that quickly. I just am always skeptical when it comes to this stuff, especially as I don't know a lot about it.

As for chamfering and deburring, what should I be looking at? Just the little hand tool?

Thanks, as always.

C

If you're doing higher quantities, look into an automated tool that constantly runs a series of deburring/chamfering dies. Speeds it up and takes the aches out of your hands.

The Giraud is nice but completely impractical for me at this time.  I don't do a lot of rifle shooting and I want to keep the costs down as best I can.  I do like the idea of just running these in and trimming that quickly.  I just am always skeptical when it comes to this stuff, especially as I don't know a lot about it. 

As for chamfering and deburring, what should I be looking at?  Just the little hand tool? 

Thanks, as always.

C

This is why I recommend the RCBS trimmer pro with their 3 way cutter. It does all of it in one go. If you find the spinning to be too much, you can add one of these suckers to power it by drill. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adapter-for-RCBS-Pro-M-2-trimmer-to-use-withdrill-/320858835732?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab4ad4b14

If you want to go cheap, look up possum hollow stuff. they have a drill adapter for the case trimmer and their chamfer tools. SAme basic concept as the WFT, but constructed in a much simpler manner.

I have a Giraud and it's the greats piece of reloading equipment I have. I have the WFT because a giraud doesn't have a case holder for 5.7x28. I haven't used it yet. Folks over at handloadersbench.com say its terrific.