Sign in to follow this  
RobertJames

Browning X Bolt

I've been looking for a target/coyote rifle for a little while and had considered either a Savage Precision Carbine or a Mossberg MVP.  I went to the local shop to browse and just before leaving I noticed something with an interesting laminated thumbhole stock just poking out from behind another rifle or shotgun.  I asked to see it, put it to my shoulder and it just felt right.  It was a Browning X Bolt in .223.  They had a special, buy a Nikon scope and get free rings, so along came the Nikon 4-12x P223. 

Sad thing is I won't get to shoot it for a week or two.

P1000916_zps07cbd886.jpg

P1000917_zpsd844ced0.jpg

P1000918_zps6468c82d.jpg

P1000920_zps958d1037.jpg

P1000921_zps5c09e769.jpg

I absolutely LOVE the trigger on my Browning X-Bolt! It is simply awesome, right out of the box. I bought a 7mm Magnum just to punch holes in paper at 100 yards, LOVE the kick! I put about 30 rounds through it a few weeks ago sighting-in the scope and just having fun.

I also shot a Barret .50 BMG that day. The BMG was MUCH easier on my shoulder!

I have a pair of CZ carbines, 7.62x39 and .223, they are fun little bolt action guns, but they don't have the trigger of those X-Bolts. Much, much cheaper to shoot though!

I absolutely LOVE the trigger on my Browning X-Bolt! It is simply awesome, right out of the box. I bought a 7mm Magnum just to punch holes in paper at 100 yards, LOVE the kick! I put about 30 rounds through it a few weeks ago sighting-in the scope and just having fun.

I also shot a Barret .50 BMG that day. The BMG was MUCH easier on my shoulder!

I have a pair of CZ carbines, 7.62x39 and .223, they are fun little bolt action guns, but they don't have the trigger of those X-Bolts. Much, much cheaper to shoot though!

I would love to shoot a big fifty one day.  The trigger on this feels real good, less travel than an Accu-trigger.

Yowza! That's a handful. What's the weight?

The .308 version is listed at 8 pounds 10 ounces.