Sign in to follow this  
Rob0115

Field & Stream safe at Dicks

I have seen these a bunch of times.  Kind of along the lines of "locking closets" rather than safes.

We are building a house in FL and while I am not going to say it's impregnable because...as Bronn from Game of Thrones pointed out, "Give [him/me/etc.] 10 good hard men and some climbing spikes, and I'll impregnate the b!!!h!" ... but we are going full on concrete building with foam and rebar etc.

One room is going to be even more impregnable than the others and while big cool expensive safes are one thing, I for one prefer to have 10 awesome rifles and shotguns of varying configurations, with a bunch of great optics, and sizeable ammo stores... in my decent house in room with decent security systems and a decent lockable facility....  than a Rambo Gambo super de dooper alley ooper safe that I ain't got shiza to put in there because I couldn't afford nice rifles due to the fact I blew that dinero on the safe(s).

Your Mileage May Vary, of course.... I just state: Pick and choose your  battles, do you planning wisely.

Scrap, with everything you said about going overboard with concrete and rebar, you should just dedicate a room in the basement as your 'gun room'. Screw safes, just hang them on the wall and enjoy being able to do so.

Hey bud,

Listen I did not want to get into too much details for both the fact a few people on here get extremely upset at my posts when it's more than they're comfortable reading, but really more important to me, Operational Security (can never be too careful! ) ... we are doing something a little bit similar but much more substantial.  We are not going to have a basement because at least in that area of Florida you don't generally do basements if you have any desire for security and structurial stability / sustainability.  We are going to have a very Very *VERY* strong house structurally ... and the "gun room" is going to be *extremely secure* .  The door is going to cost close to five figures lol.

And the plan is very similar to what you said.  Safes aren't all that necessary when you'd literally need a tank or a huge farm-sized John Deer excavator to get in lol.  They can hang on the wall, perps just can't get at them lol.