Sign in to follow this  
SgtToadette

Any SAR K2 Owners here?

My name is SgtToadette, and I have ADD.

I've been in the market for a .45 ACP handgun for a while now, and what I have my heart set on seems to change with the seasons. I've been between 1911s, Sigs, Glocks, and I don't even remember what else.

That said, I recently encountered a very flattering review on Reddit of a pistol I've never heard of before: the SAR K2. It's basically a CZ75 clone built in Turkey. The cost is around $500, but seems to fluctuate quite a bit. Mags will be a bit of a pain, but as a PPQM1 owner it's a pain I'm accustomed to. It also looks like the bastard child of a P220 and a CZ75, so in other words super cool.

Any reason I shouldn't consider this handgun?

I'd go CZ or nothing. Take a look at the 97B. Soooo nice and shoots like no other gun I've shot before.

Forgot to mention that the SAR K2 has a 14+1 capacity, which as I recall is significantly better than the CZ. I'm all about getting most bullets I can into my gun. I'm yet to find a negative review of the K2, which is why it peaks my interest.

My wife has the SAR B6 compact in 9MM. It is a great shooter and very accurate.

Fit and finish are comparable to my EAA witness .45/.40 full size, which is quite good. The slide, frame, and barrel are all serialized.  The barrel is chrome plated. Not bad for a $300 pistol. The ergonomics are great for her (it is a compact, and I have big mitts). We have put 300 rounds or so through it with no issues. It is a fun range gun.

It was purchased with the thought of becoming her car gun when we change our primary residence to Florida in a few years.

I was THIS close to buying a SAR K2 in 9mm.  I actually said to the guy at Tips Hardware in Little Egg "I'll take it"  when my buddy told me if I bought him a Hi Point rifle he'd give me his M&P .40...  I ended up selling the M&P and buying a Ruger P95, which i LOVE.  But i may still pick up a SAR at some point. I really liked the way it fit my hand.

I was THIS close to buying a SAR K2 in 9mm. I actually said to the guy at Tips Hardware in Little Egg "I'll take it" when my buddy told me if I bought him a Hi Point rifle he'd give me his M&P .40... I ended up selling the M&P and buying a Ruger P95, which i LOVE. But i may still pick up a SAR at some point. I really liked the way it fit my hand.

So what you're saying is you bought a hi point rifle for yourself didn't like it then quickly traded your friend for his hand gun... Right

For what it's worth, if you haven't already bought one, my father has this gun. He was looking at the CZ-75 because he likes mine, but wanted something in .45, with a manual safety, single/double action and with an accessory rail. He was looking at a variety of guns and went with this. Out of the box it is phenomenal to shoot, incredibly accurate with cheap Geco .45ACP. It is his home defense gun with his 92fs being regulated to the closet (he has some type of shotgun as a backup..). I would buy it for myself, but I don't like single/double action, though I did enjoy using his gun at the range. I believe he bought it locally too, Bullet Hole or something.. 

The finish and build quality are on par with any of the other manufacturers. He only had 2 issues that I am aware of. The spring inside the magazine was rough at first, so it wouldn't accept all 14 rounds. That fixes itself with time. The second issue was that the magazine would require you to "slap" it into the gun, also fixed with some time.