7.62fmj

build coming together

Slowly, but surely the HD 6.8 is coming together. Lower is complete, Stripped upper came in, rail is backordered. Just waiting for AR Performance to get barrels in stock and slap it all together. After that just the bcg and upper parts and it's good to go.

Parts assembled:

Spikes lower that I color filled myself

Magpul MIAD grip

RRA Operator A2 stock

Geissle SSA

Parts I have/ordered:

Midwest billet upper

Diamondhead vrs-x 15" rail

Eotech

Parts I need:

BUIS

BCG

assist and dust flap

Barrel and gas system

charging handle (probably going with BCM)

Updates to follow.

Talked to the guys at AR Performance, looking at several months before they have the barrel I want. Thought of going with Stag, but I really wanted a middy gas system and the extra $25 and wait time is worth it to me to get a better product. 

Duno about the price difference, but have you looked at DD, BCM, Noveske barrels?

Finally got my hands on the Midwest upper, slight machining marks on the FA housing, but all in all it looks good. Finish is slightly off from the Spikes lower, but that's not important to me. T-marks are good, no rough edges and it mates up well.

7.62 if you like the troy folding battle sights go to the Bushmaster website in the clearance area they have them for 69 bucks. I ordered a couple for my builds and there gtg. I have paid 130.00 at other places.....

Thanks for the heads up, every bit helps.

7.62 if you like the troy folding battle sights go to the Bushmaster website in the clearance area they have them for 69 bucks. I ordered a couple for my builds and there gtg. I have paid 130.00 at other places.....

They were sold out of the sights the other day, I picked up a Troy 13" Bravo Rail for a good price.

Didn't see any 6.8 barrels on their site at my price point.

I didn't see the 6.8.  I know wilson combat makes nice 6.8 stuff not so sure about the barrel.