tjr559

South river pistol club

I'm looking to join South River pistol Club. I've made many efforts to reach someone there with no success. If any member is on here, please pm me so that I can find out what I need to do.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

They announce new membership at their December meeting and vote on them in early January.

All new membership is conducted off the waiting list, and in order to apply you must be sponsored by a current member. Unlike many clubs in the area they have a capped membership limit, so they only open up as many spots that were vacated last year. Hope that helps.

A tough club to get into...a neighbor was on the list for 2 years before being accepted,also there were supposedly some past issues with the club owing back taxes and discord with rank and file and the then president.

Now presided over by the owner of the Sayerville Sportsman....not exactly an accommodating or couth individual....

Good luck.

A tough club to get into...a neighbor was on the list for 2 years before being accepted,also there were supposedly some past issues with the club owing back taxes and discord with rank and file and the then president.

Now presided over by the owner of the Sayerville Sportsman....not exactly an accommodating or couth individual....

Good luck.

He's a gem alright. Sayreville Sportsman just like the old Harley of Edison when it was actually on route 1. I look there and buy elsewhere, due entirely to staff/ownership attitudes.

He's a gem alright. Sayreville Sportsman just like the old Harley of Edison when it was actually on route 1. I look there and buy elsewhere, due entirely to staff/ownership attitudes.

That is a most excellent comparison. 

I dont know that I would even join a club that he is the president of. 

Ken

I know folks who are members there.  They enjoy it.  Also heard about the Annual Picnic/BBQ being a good time.  Folks who run it now are trying to do the right things, but do have a bit of a mess on their hands.  I wish every Range success in staying open in NJ.  They all take WORK, that's for SURE!

Dave

I drive past it a lot, doesn't look like anything has changed. I have never bothered to try to become a member even though I can practically walk there. Way too small, plus not even sure what the outdoor range is, or if it even used............ Looks like it might be 25 yards, too many trees/bushes/over grown stuff to really make it out. :)