Old School

Nice Field Trip...Sarco and Heritage Guild

I was at both places earlier today too...did you happen to see a big guy with a beard in a Camo hoodie with a little redhead wearing a turquoise hoodie?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, I would have noticed the "Little Redhead".

We usually head to the range every other Tuesday to take advantage of Ladies Day pricing and throw a few hundred .22lr down the range. Let her try an HK P30S today but it was too big for her hands. She did shoot 5 rounds before deciding she's not ready to move up yet so, being the good hubby that I am, I finished the rest of the box for her.

We usually head to the range every other Tuesday to take advantage of Ladies Day pricing and throw a few hundred .22lr down the range. Let her try an HK P30S today but it was too big for her hands. She did shoot 5 rounds before deciding she's not ready to move up yet so, being the good hubby that I am, I finished the rest of the box for her.

Good move don't rush her until she's comfortable.

One of the most interesting things was Sarco is carrying a line of ARs from "Rebel Arms"  manufactured in Stroudsburg, PA.

Looked like nice stuff in the STAG price range.

I was playing around with those about a month ago.

I love sarco's I always talk with the guys there, friendly crew for me, but some people here don't seem to think the same.

I think this is the same Sarco's but if not I apologize for the mistake. Im going to leave out some details in case the place Im going to describe still exists. In 2007 I went with a friend of mine to the Sarco's in Stirling NJ. He was interested in some used old remote control drones that the military had at one time that pulled targets. They looked like giant remote control airplanes. The "old man" presumably the owner or part of his family said. "we keep that stuff at the warehouse, you guys gotta go with him", pointing to an employee/family member. So we get in the car and drive to a HUGE old factory in a nearby town. That building was several stories tall and took up a large portion of the city block.  That place had every square inch packed to the ceiling where in some places you had to move sideways through there. It was packed with every kind of rifle parts, stocks, barrel, knives gas masks I mean HOLY $%^, full. You could probably arm a small 3rd world country with what was there..

In one part I was standing next to 3 soviet mig cockpits, complete with pilot seats, controls and canopies. The person we were with said they hired pilots to fly them to an undisclosed location in Europe and then took off the wings, etc and then imported them to the US. It was a sight to see.

After our business there, we get back to the store and we were told by the old man, one day Im gonna sell half of that stuff, I just don't know which half yet..

Nice enough guys but OMFG what an inventory of everything you could think off. Its was cool field trip that I will never forget and saw some stuff I will never see again.