mikka1

Ruger SR22 - Threaded barrel question

I need to burn one permit ASAP, but with all recent expenses don't really have money to buy what I really want now, LOL.

That said I think it might be the right time for me to finally buy a relatively cheap 22lr-plinker. After trying different ones I finally came to a conclusion that I am getting Ruger SR22 - looks nice, not really expensive and will nicely fit my wife's hand and (in a couple of years, maybe) my son's hand as well.

The only question I have now (before finally ordering one) is the following - there are two "versions" available in the market now (maybe more but those are the ones I was looking at) - with threaded barrel (SR22PBT, UPC 736676036042) and without one (SR22PB - UPC 736676036004). The latter is normally 15-25 bucks cheaper than the threaded barrel version, but I will be glad to save even this amount now.

So, does it make sense to go WITH the threaded barrel or without it?

I doubt I will ever be getting a suppressor for it (clearly not while I'm in NJ).

Is it legal at all in NJ to have a threaded barrel on a handgun like this? (I guess yes, but just double-checking)

I saw some strange comments on other forums that "threaded barrel version is less accurate than the usual barrel one" - sounds like BS, but I have no real idea on it.

Thoughts?

OK, thanks everyone, ordered a threaded barrel version. Cleaning the gun with an oil filter attached sounds like a good idea to keep it in a good shape, I'll definitely look closely into what kind of solvent and filter to use for the best experience.