bry@n

HK P30 LEM on it's way home

So I bought a p30 lem and immediately sent it to Gray Guns to have a reduced reset, carry package done. While there I had them smooth the inside if the trigger guard and install night sights.

This package reduces the reset and also cleans the action up a bit. While I'm not certain it need the action cleanup being a v1 light lem, I'm interested in seeing how the reset is now.

So off to the range it will be for some drills. Can't wait, will report back as I do a side by side with a non modified p30.

GrayGuns is one of the few places I would trust to perform trigger work on a gun that I rely on.  The RRCP they performed on my 1994 vintage P229 was superb.

Please give us a report on the difference on the LEM trigger.  I'm committed to the LEM system but often wonder if a shorter takeup and reset might be beneficial.  There is also a version "4.1" factory LEM reduced reset option that is rumored to be on the way, but I'm not holding my breath.

You change any springs in it?

The take up doesn't bother me as its part of my press out but I wish my P30 had the reset of my HK45CT. Brian it sounds like its time to get out the timer again for some analysis!

I use the "Todd Green" trigger configuration on my P30: light FPBS, light hammer spring and heavy trigger return spring.  The heavy TRS makes a very positive reset, although it's a bit long.

I'm not interested in spending the cash for a GGI job, plus I prefer to keep it all factory to make parts replacement easier.  So I'm sticking with this configuration unless or until the factory 4.1 shows up.

No, both are factory. But reset is a hard part issue I believe.

I swapped out the trigger and hammer spring. Seemed to smooth it out a bit.

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

Smooth out the take up? I like the take up of my light lem p30. The HK45ct is V7 and I want to make it LL too so I think I need to swap the trigger spring and FPB spring to make it the same as the P30. But to make the P30 reset the same as the HK45ct a believe a part needs to be welded and recut. If I'm not mistaken, this is part of the Grey Guns package Bryan has had done.

Smooth out the take up? I like the take up of my light lem p30. The HK45ct is V7 and I want to make it LL too so I think I need to swap the trigger spring and FPB spring to make it the same as the P30. But to make the P30 reset the same as the HK45ct a believe a part needs to be welded and recut. If I'm not mistaken, this is part of the Grey Guns package Bryan has had done.

Could be. Other than swapping springs on the P30, would void the warranty I'm told. My HK45, (no diff than the HK45C), was a V1... I converted it to a V5, (LEM with Safety).... Sucker is smooth as silk. Reset is nice too. Requires minimum effort to do. Hard for them to keep up with my USPs though. They are already sweet.... Just need those 2 springs for the P30 otherwise.

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

I carry a HK P2000SK at times, with a LEM trigger and love it. I am an old wheel gun fan who thinks striker fired guns have light triggers without a safety. I feel safer with a SA and manual safety than a gun with all the safeties on the darn thing a safety is supposed to prevent me from pressing in the first place. At my age, my mind is not my best safety. The LEM trigger is the best of both worlds. You get a nice, semi long smooth trigger with no stacking and then hit a wall which then requires more force to fire with a clean break just like a SA trigger. Just let your trigger finger move forward a little and fire again.