Sign in to follow this  
302w

Question about PO Boxes

I need to contact a holding company (I guess you can call them that) that owns some abandoned property. The only information I can find is the company is an LLC with a PO box with a local post office, but I don't know what number it is. If I mail a letter addressed as "XYZ LLC PO Box Anytown, PA USA" are they likely to receive it? My guess is no.

If you're curious, I'd like to get permission to enter their property to photograph some mildly historically significant stuff that is sitting out in the open. I know it's a lost cause. I should just hike back there and say Eff it, but this is 2014. 

I can't answer that specific question, however...

You can do a property records search through the Counties' Tax Board. That will give you the owner of the property and contact information. Even if it is just the PO box as the info, they will definitely have the full address.

I need to contact a holding company (I guess you can call them that) that owns some abandoned property. The only information I can find is the company is an LLC with a PO box with a local post office, but I don't know what number it is. If I mail a letter addressed as "XYZ LLC PO Box Anytown, PA USA" are they likely to receive it? My guess is no.

If you're curious, I'd like to get permission to enter their property to photograph some mildly historically significant stuff that is sitting out in the open. I know it's a lost cause. I should just hike back there and say Eff it, but this is 2014. 

You might want to check the state corporate registry for whichever state(s) in which they are incorporated as an LLC.  For example, in Florida, check: Sunbiz.org   In NJ, I believe it is NJ Business Gateway  Registry Services.  If they're an LLC, they should have a listing. All corporate entities (LLC's included), must list a "registered agent" and that agent must be at a physical address location, for each and every state where they are incorporated as a main or "foreign" LLC (for when the "Sheriff comes a callin' ). :D  Now, the PO box location may not be in the same as the state of incorporation, but you should be able to look up the business entity via the name..

If it were a matter where you could inquire with the Postal Police (an official investigation), you might get them to pry loose the physical address associated with the PO box (there must be one there also, for similar reasons), but I think trying to find them on the above websites would be the easier option. :)

Hope this helps. Best of Luck.

(I work for USPS)...Unless its a small post office and the clerks know the name of the company, and what P.O. Box they are, it'll likely come back to you marked as insufficient address.  Before we went through this delivery unit optmization the post office I was working out of had probably close to 1000 P.O. Boxes.  I also highly doubt they will tell you what their street address is. 

They may have a way to search their computer to see what P.O. Box they are at...I know they have a way to determine when payment is due to renew the P.O. box rental.