Scorpio64

So Who Else Has Ordered New 15rd Mags Today?

I think the reality here is that Christie conditionally vetoed this because he has delusions of national political office. Not going to happen but let him dream. If you want to buy 15 round mags, do so. You'll be packing them away along with the 20s and 30s you have packed away since the Florio ban because as soon as we get another Dem governor, this stupidity will be enacted. At some point in the not so distant future you're going to need those so-call high-capacity mags. You know it. I know it.

So, random question... let's say the Governor let the 10 round thing stay... how many NJ gun owners would actually turn in or trash their 10+ round mags?  I'm pretty sure people in CT didn't give up their mags... or in NY... or in Colorado...

I think the reality here is that Christie conditionally vetoed this because he has delusions of national political office. Not going to happen but let him dream. If you want to buy 15 round mags, do so. You'll be packing them away along with the 20s and 30s you have packed away since the Florio ban because as soon as we get another Dem governor, this stupidity will be enacted. At some point in the not so distant future you're going to need those so-call high-capacity mags. You know it. I know it.

Bingo.  Ya'll don't realize that today's victory is irrelevant.  It had nothing to do with the emails and phone calls ya'll made to the gov (I mean, I sent in an email), but it has to do with the realpolitik of the situation.  Chris Christie's chances at POTUS are okay at the moment.  But if he wants the top GOP nod, he can't cave on guns, even though we know from his past that he is no friend of gun owners...

This is a temporary fix at best until the Democrats get re-elected in 2017... so get good at bending over and be sure to carry a small bottle of lube.

Edited by DevsAdvocate

So, random question... let's say the Governor let the 10 round thing stay... how many NJ gun owners would actually turn in or trash their 10+ round mags?  I'm pretty sure people in CT didn't give up their mags... or in NY... or in Colorado...

Any that I may or may not own would be enjoying a nice well deserved vacation in Sunny Florida in my storage locker.  :D

How many got rid of their 20 and 30 round mags? This aint our first rodeo.