I have Utah & FL non-resident CCW. Can I carry without worry in rural PA? Planning a trip to Lehigh to shoot sporting clays and I would like to exercise my 2nd Amendment right.

How about carrying into Grumpy's barbecue place? Is it OK to enjoy an adult beverage with something in a Sneaky Pete holster?

Thanks all,

Utah and Florida non-resident permits are no longer valid in PA. Only the resident permits from Arizona, Florida, Maine, Utah and Virginia now have reciprocity as reported by USA Carry. New Hampshire non-resident permits still have reciprocity but NH changed their forms to require a home state permit in order to get a new or to renew a NH concealed carry permit.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Permit from any state permits car carry (unless you are a PA resident). Open carry requires no permit (except in Philly). You can open carry outside of Philly. You cannot conceal in PA on Utah or Fl.

Lehigh Valley is not rural.

Yes you can drink while carrying. I would keep it very limited since you are OC, and if anybody lies to a cop about you the cop will believe anything they say if you seem impaired. The rare times I drink in public I conceal. Anti-gun liars are evil and drunks with beer muscles are especially dangerous.

BTW, I think it is NOT okay with any permit and in any state, but I might be wrong...

I don't think it's OK but it may not necessarily be illegal. In many states (including NJ) it is legal. Some states only prohibit you while you're intoxicated and a few have a BAC over which you're illegally carrying. 

Im going to pa myself in a few weeks. You just need to open carry and your fl/utah permits will allow carry inside your car. I wouldn't personally have a drink while open carrying in public. A friends house different story if just having a beer. Some states like delaware have a .08 law when carrying but I dont think pa has one. You will probably draw enough attention to yourself open carrying I wouldn't add a drink onto that.

I don't think it's OK but it may not necessarily be illegal. In many states (including NJ) it is legal. Some states only prohibit you while you're intoxicated and a few have a BAC over which you're illegally carrying. 

There are no laws addressing this in PA. It is legal.

Im going to pa myself in a few weeks. You just need to open carry and your fl/utah permits will allow carry inside your car. I wouldn't personally have a drink while open carrying in public. A friends house different story if just having a beer. Some states like delaware have a .08 law when carrying but I dont think pa has one. You will probably draw enough attention to yourself open carrying I wouldn't add a drink onto that.

Although I rarely go out to eat, when I do I always OC and I always have a drink.

The only times I have had numerous drinks in public were while traveling and I concealed. The states I was traveling in had no laws against it either, WV coming to mind.

Lehigh valley isn't rural, basically smack dab in the middle of Allentown. Well not quite in the middle but close. Pretty well populated area, just open Cary when you exit your vehicle. Perfectly legal for the law abiding citizen. I would probably not bring my gun into a bar, just a bad idea. Restaurant that served alcohol I would do as long as you not sitting at the bar pounding shots.