Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

Another Bear this morning

I believe Fish and Wildlife re-introduced turkey to NJ, I remember reading an article (I believe by Fish and Wildlife) that detailed the restoration of the species.  Many species were hunted to near extinction.  There are "tales" of mountain lion returning, however, there has been no solid evidence to that restoration (yet).

Purchased fair and square huh ;)  There's some evidence that it was not their land to begin with but I'll leave that for the Alex Jones type websites.

I still would like to get a black bear skin rug.  As for Mark's comment about trichinosis, you just have to cook the meat long enough.  Might be neat to have "pulled ursine" on a hard roll as I understand some of the meat is quite tough.

The one I killed in 2004 was delicious! And my father had it made into a rug for his bachelor pad, at that time I didn't make enough coin to afford a rug. Think it cost close to 3K to have done. The old man always wanted one so he paid for it and keeps it at his house. I figure one day ill get it back, but I'm not in any hurry to see it in front of my fireplace, if you savvy what I'm saying.

City slicker? Lol.

I grew up on a working farm and worked on a bigger 500acre farm until i went to college. Everywhere in nj is too populated, but as to my town, and my house, it was built in the 1940s. There has been very little change in habitat for 50+ years.

Also, in the 1700s, all of north nj in my county was denuded for the iron ore smelters. There are pics...and there were few bears. Blame the settlers, as they cleaned them out. There is vastly more habitat now than there was 300 years ago. There has been a huge uptick in population since 2000 and now they are everywhere in the state. Large omnivorous land rats.

City slicker? Lol.

I grew up on a working farm and worked on a bigger 500acre farm until i went to college. Everywhere in nj is too populated, but as to my town, and my house, it was built in the 1940s. There has been very little change in habitat for 50+ years.

Also, in the 1700s, all of north nj in my county was denuded for the iron ore smelters. There are pics...and there were few bears. Blame the settlers, as they cleaned them out. There is vastly more habitat now than there was 300 years ago. There has been a huge uptick in population since 2000 and now they are everywhere in the state. Large omnivorous land rats.

Agreed^^^^^

We need a better bear season and more guys hunting them.