Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

Hotels in North Carolina on Interstate 77

Heading to Florida in a month or so and wondered if anyone has stayed in a hotel in Statesville or Moorseville NC?  It's somewhere around 10-11 hours from home(with a female and a dog, by myself I'd keep going) so probably where we're going to stop.

Taking our 24lb Bichon so it needs to be pet friendly.

We've looked online and there are a number of them to avoid...like the Motel 6.   Tempted to try that Candlewood suites place in Statesville.  I'm just curious if anyone has had any experience in that area.

Thanks

I am a Choice Hotels member....   I think the Sleep Inns are the best for the money from their chain.....  but the Quality and Comfort Inns are also good....   Their budget line is Econo Lodge.... I would not do that.

http://www.choicehotels.com/

in Vero Beach now, opted to drive straight thru as the drive was going clean 18 hrs, not bad at all!

Wish I could drive straight through.  I've done it before by myself but my wife won't do it.

I'm also a choice member and a priority club member.   Candlewood is priority club and it gets good reviews.  I was just trying to get some opinions of whose been there.

I do that drive two or three times a year and usually stay in Cornelius, exit 28. There are a few motels on that exit and some are pet friendly. Stop at the N.C. visitor center and they will give you a list of pet friendly motels along rte 77. A good idea is to have the visitor center call in your reservation as some motels only have one or two rooms for pets and they may already be booked. The econo lodge is P.F and I think the holiday inn express is also. Just past the holiday inn, in the next driveway is the country kitchen, the food is so-so but it won't kill you.

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Statesville a couple of times.

Typical Hampton Inn, clean, good service, secure, good breakfast.

We use Hampton 99.9% of the time when we travel and have always been satisfied.