Sign in to follow this  
Otto

Mental Health questions

Oh my, this is the first time in my life I have heard where the medically diagnosed crazy person insists he's not crazy.  Furthermore, he continues to take his meds, but you're encouraging him not to despite the fact that a) you're not an MD and b) you have not known him from BEFORE he took those meds.  You do realize that there are actually cases where people DO need the meds they are prescribed... oh wait, you're like Tom Cruise.  Got it.  Nevermind.  I'll stop talking now so that you can tell us how your diagnosis was made and exactly what technical experience YOU personally have to judge someone as sane or not, in need of meds, or not.

No I totally understand that theres people that needs meds... He's fine, I don't know how many times or different ways I can express that, since he's been on the meds he's like a robot working 3 jobs.

Before the meds he was fine. He was never diagnosed crazy or anything like that.

If you didn't know, they're doping up EVERYONE with some kind of pill if they're under 30, or over 30, how many people do you know that arn't taking some kind of prescription pill?

You disagree that doping up the population and having a record of such would be an automatic red flag for FID? Why does the federal government want to pass more laws on guns? (especially mental health) Its not a "conspiracy" if its the truth.

Errr, I know MANY people on not one med. MANY. 

It's a conspiracy theory UNTIL it's proven to be true. Good luck with that. 

With that, I'm done. No reason to continue this convo. 

Errr, I know MANY people on not one med. MANY. 

It's a conspiracy theory UNTIL it's proven to be true. Good luck with that. 

With that, I'm done. No reason to continue this convo. 

Well I don't know many, I'm guessing you're older? Everyone younger is doped up on some kind of pill.

Nice talking to you.

He told me he went to the doctors and said he was angry and they gave him a prescription for Celexa. Does he need it? Probably not, but its a way for pharmaceutical companies and insurance to make money.

Um...insurance companies lose money when they pay for prescriptions. You've got them on the wrong side of the conspiracy theory.

That 1 week "evaluation" was likely involuntary, in which case it is a federal prohibitor. He probably doesn't even know he was committed, and it's possible his parents don't even know. We have something called a 302 in PA that is an involuntary evaluation of up to 72 hours and you can NEVER get your firearms rights restored for it anywhere in the US because only the state can restore rights in that situation nd PA has no longer has a process for this. People in PA pop up all the time with denials from NICS with no idea why and no idea that overnight stay at the hospital was an involuntary commitment. The only thing I don't know is if this would apply to minors but I THINK it does (could be wrong).

I would be more worried about that than the drugs, although I don't know about the latter either.

Is that a credible law firm? I'm guessing so since you mention it.

Someone mentioned not "Jacoby and Meyers"...

Its funny I'm probably doing more information research than my buddy, because he is a good guy, and doesnt have much time, working 3 jobs. Doing him a favor.

Yea this guy is working 3 jobs, prescribed pills that he doesn't need, parents fucked his shit up for his life. Talked about getting his record expunged.

But then the prescribed pills that get a kickback ( I don't care what you say these doctors are getting kickbacks, I can post articles supporting my position)...

what meds is he on? none of them are ssri's are they?

He told me he went to the doctors and said he was angry and they gave him a prescription for Celexa. Does he need it? Probably not, but its a way for pharmaceutical companies and insurance to make money.

I don't think he needs them. I have no clue why he's "angry". He could be upset about some stuff but I really don't know why he's taking this shit. I told him to stop taking them over a year ago.

Maybe there is something he's not telling me but we're pretty close so I'd think he'd tell me.

didn't you say earlier that he doesn't have anger issues?

If it is Celexa as stated in post #22 then yes, it is an SSRI

i read further down after i made that post.

as much as i'm gonna catch shit for this........probably the dude shouldn't have a firearm if he's on them. i think all of the newsworthy mass things in the last 10 or so years have been perpetuated by people on that shit.