Bully

New Precision Build

Thanks folks!

Eric, I'll keep the thread going through the load development stages. I'm pretty sure the gun will shoot well. Me, well we'll see.

I hope you do, Chris.  If anything, it's nice to see some precision rifle guys posting.

I'm curious to see what loads work in your rifle.  For my 6.5 Creedmoor, I'm loading 42.3 gr of H4350, and pushing 140 gr Berger VLD's around 2740 fps.  Even though it'll be an apples to potato chips comparison, I'm curious to see what you end up with.

From all I read, with the components I have on hand it won't be a speed demon by any stretch. But I should be closed to 28ish without any pressure issues. I'm gonna run 130's with Varget. RL15 would get me more speed for sure however I'm not looking for crazy speed and I'm looking for solid practical accuracy, not in the .1's. Also I want to consolidate components and I load Varget in my 223 and I did load it in my 308 so I have some to work thru.

I will keep you apprised

C

Had her out today for her first outing. Shot a mixed bag of factory and hand loads. I am just trying to get used to shooting her. It's my first chassis system and as of right now I'm sold. Rifle shot sub MOA off a bipod and my shoulder, no bag. It took some doing but it happened. Just at subOA tho, a . 75ish. I took a quick measurement with a tape and tossed the target. I'm not all that worried as I have not begun to develop loads for this rifle. I have some work ahead of me first establishing a decent zero and going from there. Also the bullets I shot are 140gn SST's so not the most spectacular. I will work my loads up in the next few visits. 

All that to say, I love this rifle. Thanks to Michael at Tier1 Defense for all his help along the way.

Heading to the range in a bit.  I'll just be shooting factory and the plinker rounds I have loaded.  Hoping to do a bit better than last time. I'll try and grab a coulple of target pictures if I remember.

C