archon242

Questions from PA resident new to NJ residency

Hollow points must be treated the same way as handguns. Furthermore, if you are transporting hollow points from one residence to a different residence, you must first travel to a firing range. No I am not making that up.

Hollow points have less exemptions than handguns.

• Like 1

Ha, ha...This was the first thought that popped into my mind!

Same here...I moved to PA from NJ for 5 main reasons---4 were costs, fees, taxes, costs and #5 was guns. I would stay in PA and drive whatever it took to get to work. My parents and in laws are fixing to get out asap as well....and they're moderates.

I don't know the OP's position, but I'd try to find any way possible to stay in PA. Also, if you're coming to NJ to start a business, the costs are crazy along with regulations...but I'm sure you already looked into that. Good luck and we'll miss you!

BTW, where in NJ? I live in Yardley,PA and can get to most places in Southern NJ in 50 minutes and back to my hometown of Marlton,NJ in 35.

I don't know the OP's position, but I'd try to find any way possible to stay in PA. Also, if you're coming to NJ to start a business, the costs are crazy along with regulations...but I'm sure you already looked into that. Good luck and we'll miss you!

And if what my neighbors have told me, who are legal immigrants (got here 20 years ago), is true, if you are an immigrant starting a business in NJ you can be exempt from some or all state taxes for 5 years. I'll need to back that up with some references, but it wouldn't surprise me at all that people born here get less consideration than people who came here from other countries. How about it be the same for everyone?

And.... This neighbor said people they know who immigrated from India typically transfer the business to another family member's name after 5 years.

Looking for info on this.

And if what my neighbors have told me, who are legal immigrants (got here 20 years ago), is true, if you are an immigrant starting a business in NJ you can be exempt from some or all state taxes for 5 years. I'll need to back that up with some references, but it wouldn't surprise me at all that people born here get less consideration than people who came here from other countries. How about it be the same for everyone?

And.... This neighbor said people they know who immigrated from India typically transfer the business to another family member's name after 5 years.

Looking for info on this.

I've heard the same thing about other states...not sure how true it is.  There's probably some type of exemption...to an extent.  I'd have to research the subject matter a bit more.

What is a Skook?

At least Jersey has cheap gas.

'

Yeah but compare income tax rates and I'm sure you'd rather pay more for gas. I'll,give you a hint, only CA has a higher top rate.

Archon 242, "I am a life long resident of PA but will shortly be a resident of southern NJ for the first time in my life."

I can only imagine 3 things to MAKE you come to Jersey: Spousal extortion issues, aging parental issues, or income pressures(job related). 

Please note the lack of gender bias, please, nothing in your post clearly defines you!  :scratchhead:

Welcome, glad to see you did some homework before coming here, and glad to see you getting more (hopefully) useful input from the gang here. I have found a lot of folks here know their stuff.

I hope for your sake your plan to move back to your better (free-er) place works out.

question on answer #4. It is legal to bring my handgun to work with me being that i am the owner?

edited, as i mis-read. yes, as the owner of your fixed place of business, you can carry about that business. i believe the same rules apply there as at your home though.......meaning, in the parking lot, you have a duty to retreat.....inside the business........game on....

• Like 1