ogfarmer

GunTV.tv a new 24hr firearm shopping, safety and education channel.

This new platform launched today, I been checking it out and they are doing a good job promoting safety and educating people on firearms.

Stream live here- https://www.guntv.tv/watch-now

not available in our area on regular tv

About GunTV

GunTV is a revolutionary new television network that drives an important social responsibility message using a national platform to reach the masses.

The first  platform of its kind, GunTV offers education, information and safety regarding firearms in America while responsibly offering extraordinary access to purchasing the most diverse representation of firearms in the world.

GunTV is proud to offer its consumer audience an exciting mix of unique content, a wide range of firearms and related products and services, educational information, resources and entertainment, all delivered via live broadcasting on satellite and cable systems and streaming on the Internet.

Social Responsibility Network Vision

Pioneering the most exciting firearms ecosystem in America today.

Mission Statement

Our mission at GunTV first and foremost is to create an exciting and memorable television viewing experience for firearms enthusiasts from all walks of life. In alliance with the finest manufacturers throughout the world and the best gun stores in the nation, our focus is to elevate and empower the entire shooting sports category to deliver to our customers unprecedented access and convenience when it comes to purchasing the firearm of their choice.

Our network of gun stores is extensive and represents the finest retail establishments in the nation, ensuring your purchase process will be professional and informative. Our people are dedicated, our team is knowledgeable and our passion runs deep.

Our ultimate goal is to serve; serve the manufacturer through authentic and engaging presentation, serve the gun store by being an extension of their sales force and serve the customer by making their experience better and better as time goes by. When everyone wins, our mission is accomplished.

Education and Resources

Firearm Safety Information

• Always assume a firearm is loaded even if you remember unloading it.
  • Always keep your finger off the trigger until you actually intend to shoot. When handling a gun, rest your finger outside the trigger guard or along the side of the gun. Don't touch the trigger until you are actually ready to
  • fire.
  • Always keep the firearm's muzzle pointed in a safe direction. A "safe direction" means that the gun is pointed so that even if an accidental discharge occurred, it would not result in injury.
  • Firearms should be unloaded when not actually in use. Whenever you pick up a gun, such as when removing it from or returning it to storage, remember to point it in a safe direction and make sure it is unloaded.
  • Store your firearms in a locked cabinet, safe, gun vault or storage case when not in use, ensuring they are in a location inaccessible by children and cannot be handled by anyone without your permission.
  • Be sure you know how your firearm operates: read the manual on your firearm, know how to safely open and close the action of the firearm and know how to safely remove any ammunition from the firearm and its magazine.
  • Use a gun locking device that renders the firearm inoperable when not in use. A gun lock should be used as an additional safety precaution and not as a substitute for secure storage.
  • Store your ammunition in a locked location separate from firearms.
  • Make sure young people in your home are aware of and understand the safety guidelines concerning firearms. Have them sign the Project ChildSafe Pledge for young people - a reminder
  • that if
  • they find an unattended firearm in their home or a neighbor's to not touch it, and tell an adult.
  • Always unload, clean and place your firearms in their secure storage location immediately after returning from a hunting trip or a day at the range.
  • Educate everyone in your family about firearms safety. Visit the Project ChildSafe website for safety information and to find out where to get a free firearm safety kit in your area.

These tips and others tools and information about safe and responsible firearm storage are available at: www.projectchildsafe.org.

National Rifle Association: www.nra.org

National Shooting Sports Foundation: www.nssf.org

Child Safety Network: www.childrenssafetynetwork.org

Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence: www.smartgunlaws.org

I read about this awhile ago and happy it finally launched. They reported originally airing 1am-7am EST live, then replaying the airing I guess all day the day after. They plan on further expanding the programming live hours as time goes on. They will do 3 minutes of safety information every hour. I really hope we do get a channel as it seems to be a great concept and will help 2A across the U.S. 

For now, if/when I'm up that late at night I will check it out live on their website and the 24hr coverage online when I have the chance. 

The safety psa's are good from what I have seen so far

Which is honestly one of the best things about this channel. They are also going to be doing other types of "Informational" stuff too on how to handle and keep firearms. I think this channel could grow to be a huge thing in "Today's American Society"