CMJeepster

The hippies are at it again...

I heard the Reverend repeat the "40 percent of guns are sold without background checks" that the left likes to throw out there. A little gogglefu quickly found this to he false.

It is "based on a single 1994 telephone survey on private gun ownership conducted by the Police Foundation and funded by the Justice Department. The survey asked the 251 participants who had acquired guns in the previous two years, “Was the person you acquired this gun from a licensed firearm dealer?”

Another interesting fact is NICS went online in 1998 according to the FBI's website.

So....,how could background checks have been performed if the system wasn't even around for another 4 years?

Source:

http://www.factcheck.org/2013/03/guns-acquired-without-background-checks/

This is the second anti event I've attended that the Reverend has also been at. He's mentioned the false "40 percent" at each event. I'll be sending him an email asking him to stop misleading people in reference to this particular "static" that he seems so found of proclaiming. I'll also thank him for hosting such events. Makes it easy to meet the misinformed and explain to those who will listen real facts and coumter illogical emotional appeals.

I think they are hosting another anti event in the near future. I'll have to look and make sure my calendar is clear. Need some other people showing up to some of these events. The Reverend recognized my face when I walked in but couldn't quite remember from where. I'm sure he'll probably know who I am next time. Not that I think it really matters because these events are opem to the public. But would be nice if we could have a consistent (5-10) people from our side attending these misinformation meetings.

Unfortunately there were no cookies at this event. Next time I'll bring some along with me.

• Like 1

This is the second anti event I've attended that the Reverend has also been at. He's mentioned the false "40 percent" at each event. I'll be sending him an email asking him to stop misleading people in reference to this particular "static" that he seems so found of proclaiming. I'll also thank him for hosting such events. Makes it easy to meet the misinformed and explain to those who will listen real facts and coumter illogical emotional appeals.

I think they are hosting another anti event in the near future. I'll have to look and make sure my calendar is clear. Need some other people showing up to some of these events. The Reverend recognized my face when I walked in but couldn't quite remember from where. I'm sure he'll probably know who I am next time. Not that I think it really matters because these events are opem to the public. But would be nice if we could have a consistent (5-10) people from our side attending these misinformation meetings.

Unfortunately there were no cookies at this event. Next time I'll bring some along with me.

They bussed about 50 people to Doylestown and we brought about 200 protesters.

They bussed about 50 people to Doylestown and we brought about 200 protesters.

It would be fantastic to go to these anti events and have them outnumbered 4-to-1! Heck, it would be great if we were "only" outnumbered 2-to-1 instead of 10-to-1.

But really, more pro people should start attending these events to witness how much the truth is being bent and misconstrued. And the audience members don't know any better because they never hear from the other side in a logical, calm, level headed manner supported with facts.

The more we let them beieve we are "gun nuts" and the more their emotional propaganda goes unchallenged the more they are convinced of their "facts". When we show up to these events, present ourselves in a respectable manner and chip away at the bad information being spread the more doubt the other side will have about who we are and if what they have been being told all along is the truth.

We heckled the crap out of them. And then when it was over, some of the (very few) braver ones came to either give us a rash of shit or ask questions and there was a good connection and lots of civil education that I think the good reverend probably did not appreciate. Imagine an anti-gun husband and wife having a ten minute conversation with a guy that has a loaded AR across his chest and then shake his hand before leaving.

Like I always say, the majority of Jersey antis are simply ignorant and anti by default.

• Like 2

It would be fantastic to go to these anti events and have them outnumbered 4-to-1! Heck, it would be great if we were "only" outnumbered 2-to-1 instead of 10-to-1.

But really, more pro people should start attending these events to witness how much the truth is being bent and misconstrued. And the audience members don't know any better because they never hear from the other side in a logical, calm, level headed manner supported with facts.

The more we let them beieve we are "gun nuts" and the more their emotional propaganda goes unchallenged the more they are convinced of their "facts". When we show up to these events, present ourselves in a respectable manner and chip away at the bad information being spread the more doubt the other side will have about who we are and if what they have been being told all along is the truth.

I would have gone last week, but level A #1 prior family commitments prevented me from doing so, as they did the last time. I'm 10 minutes from the place, max. Having been in the area for ~17 years now, the mentality / viewpoint / fear that these folks have is the norm for the area. Not so much for surrounding areas where Golf, Bob and I are.

We heckled the crap out of them. And then when it was over, some of the (very few) braver ones came to either give us a rash of shit or ask questions and there was a good connection and lots of civil education that I think the good reverend probably did not appreciate. Imagine an anti-gun husband and wife having a ten minute conversation with a guy that has a loaded AR across his chest and then shake his hand before leaving.

Like I always say, the majority of Jersey antis are simply ignorant and anti by default.

That's excellent and exactly my point.  The more we present ourselves as normal, everyday people and counter the propaganda they've been feed the better the chance we have at perhaps not swaying them then and there but making them question the misinformation they've been hearing their entire lives.  After they realize one or two "key" facts that they believed in are in fact false it's only a matter of time before they are questioning and researching other things on their own.  And from their it's only a matter of time before their eyes are opened.  Certainly not all of them.  But certainly some!