CMJeepster

The hippies are at it again...

http://www.peacecoalition.org/component/content/article/39-cfpa/713-screening-a-discussion-of-film-qmaking-a-killing-guns-greed-and-the-nraq.html

Golf brought this to my attention this evening. For anyone in the area that wants to respectfully attend:

"The Coalition for Peace Action (CFPA) will be hosting a screening of Robert Greenwald's (of Brave New Films), new movie: "Making a Killing: Guns, Greed, and the NRA" on Sunday, April 3 at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Princeton at 3:00PM."

What the hell is a Unitarian Universalist?  Sounds like a "Universe Without Borders" group.

I'll try to join you Golf.  Text me to confirm you're going.

It would be nice to put up pictures of all the people in who were killed recently without the chance to have a firearm to protect themselves.  We could start with all 9 people for the South Carolina Baptist Church.  Too bad we didn't have more notice.  My guess is most of the people there are going to be from that Peace Action group and not from the Universal Universalist church.

Im bringing the cooler of beer. Kevin ill text you tomorrow to confirm. Im just really curious on their psychology of it. This could be fun. Kevin maybe you can guest them in at cjrpc. . Ya know. Just trying to be friendly to them. Glenn. Bring the kids. Ill bring mine. The wives and kids can occupy eachother.

My daughter would lose it on them.  She has little tolerance for ignorance of reality.  She's signed up for the April 10th shoot btw.

Guesting in... in a situation like this where it's not someone I'd actually know or could vouch for, I'd discuss it with the Board of Directors at CJ before doing anything like that.  But your point of showing people both sides of the discussion is worth doing.

Glen!! Where the *&%&% have  you been?

Cool. Uspsa with your daughter. You got it good. I really wish i could get my hands on an obama or hillary t shirt for sunday. And. We do have the right to open carry long arms as long as you have a nj fid card. That thought did come across my mind. But no.

After reading about these people, I'm certain they wouldn't be interested in being a guest at a range.  They are on the extreme edge of the anti spectrum.  And knowing that their only interest would be to gather intel for their asinine cause means there's no way I'd invite them to my club.

What the hell is a Unitarian Universalist?  Sounds like a "Universe Without Borders" group.

The religion of Vlad the Impaler (Count Dracula). And also the religion I was raised under, and a Jew inlaw of mine was raised under (it's Jersey). It's about as liberal as it gets once they got over the impaling and massacres. I was at a wedding of relatives and friends of our family were smoking weed at the wedding. Nuke free zones, ban all guns, tolerance for all people that agree with them. They've come a long way.

Can somebody quote the OP? I can't read it.

And. We do have the right to open carry long arms as long as you have a nj fid card. That thought did come across my mind. But no.

Everyone should go to their website, select:  About CFPA->Contact us, and ask about OC policy for the screening.

In a lib town like Princeton? Have fun in jail for "inciting a panic" or the famous "disorderly persons offence" or something like that.

I went to one of these last year. They did't allow q&a but wrote questions on notecard and submit to the panel. The panel then "discusses". No back & forth.

They did discuss my question. I worked the crowd afterwards and talked to people one on one.

As long as you're rational and polite some people will listen. Will you comvert them then and there. No. But you will counter much of the blatant misinformation. You can make them see we aren't "gun nuts" but rather their neighbors, coworkers, etc that have rational and intelligent concerns and counterpoints which they may not have considered or been exposed to.

Don't show up with a banana in a holster, a plastic blue fake pistol or anything else that makes you stand out. The best thing you can do is blend in and civilly talk to people after they put on their dog and pony show.