Sign in to follow this  
JimB1

Harris Publications shutting down

They publish a lot of gun mags including "Guns of the Old West", "Tactical Weapons", "Balistic", "Guns and Weapons", and "Combat Handguns". They also publish quite a few non-gun related magazines.

I found out because B&N just sent me an email saying the remainder of my subscription to "Guns of the Old West" was being refunded.

http://www.foliomag.com/2016/harris-publications-is-shutting-down/

http://www.harris-pub.com/

Sounds like they just couldn't compete with online magazines effectively.

Shame, I liked a few of their magazines. Maybe someone else will buy them and get them into the digital market better...

Just figured I'd put it out there if anyone has a subscription to any of these.

-Jim

They got into publishing too many stupid crap type magazines.  Second the printed periodical is in the same predicament as the daily newspaper.  Ad revenues are way down because of two primary issues.  People have stopped subscribing to these fluff publications and advertisers see better return on their marketing from other sources.

It is definitely a shame. Combat Handguns was one of the three gun magazines that I like enough to have subscriptions to (along with American Handgunner and SWAT). As far as digital stuff goes, I know I'm an old fogey but I can't get into electronic books and magazines. I like holding a paper magazine or book in my hands, circling interesting ads with a pen, dozing off with it on my chest, and easily flipping back & forth through the pages rather than "scroll up/down/left/right/re-size page/zoom." I am such an obsolete dinosaur!

It is definitely a shame. Combat Handguns was one of the three gun magazines that I like enough to have subscriptions to (along with American Handgunner and SWAT). As far as digital stuff goes, I know I'm an old fogey but I can't get into electronic books and magazines. I like holding a paper magazine or book in my hands, circling interesting ads with a pen, dozing off with it on my chest, and easily flipping back & forth through the pages rather than "scroll up/down/left/right/re-size page/zoom." I am such an obsolete dinosaur!

you can actually do all of those things digitally as well. if you use adobe pdf reader, there's a nice page turn option, plus you can highlight things, circle stuff and bookmark pages. the transition is seamless...