Sign in to follow this  
InFamous

Academy.com Unauthorized purchase/fraud.

I just got an email from my credit card company that the phone number and or email address on my account was changed. I called them up to let them know I didn't authorize it. My phone number, email address, and home address was changed. Also an authorized user was added to the account along with changing my login info. There was a purchase done today too in the amount of $267 at academy.com. The last I purchased from them was 06-02-2015 when I ordered the Estate Shot Shells they had on sale. 

Just wanted to pass this along as I know a lot of people took advantage of that sale and you may have been compromised. My user name and PW on that site was very similar to my credit card login info so it's possible that's how they got into my account. 

If you remember which card you used when buying from them during that time or ever...make sure you check your account. 

Are you sure it was from the Academy purchase?  Wasn't another purchase somewhere else?  GunMagWarehouse had a data breach and I had attempted purchases at Express or something...

I'm just suggesting it's a possible link. I don't use that particular card often at all. I did use it on the 27th in Philly at a parking lot to prepay our parking purposely because I didn't want to use my debit card just in case something like this happened. It would be strange that someone would skim my card in Philly and make a purchase at academy.com but you never know. 

Also yes they told me over the phone the purchase was from academy.com today.

EDIT: Never mind. I misread what you meant....though you were asking if I was sure the unauthorized purchase was at academy.com LOL

Finally got my new card which let me FINALLY get back into my online account. Although I was told all of the email contacts were switched back to mine...when I logged on and started confirming all my information, this email address was in 3 different places and it definitely IS NOT mine!

[email protected]

Anyone know what to make of this? I tried a google search and came up pretty much empty handed. This has to be the email the hacker or whatever changed it to when they changed all my other info. 

I'm assuming just a fake, but I would also think they would want to get any emails from my credit card company sent to somewhere they can read...