Sign in to follow this  
10X

Looking for carpenter, Morris County

I'm looking for a carpenter for a couple of home projects, in the Montville/Denville/Boonton area.   I need someone with experience with old houses; main project is to replace the sides of the front porch roof.  There are some big moldings involved (not stuff found at a typical home center) and while we don't require an exact match, we want to keep it in the style of the original woodwork.

There are a couple of more routine jobs we may have done at the same time; a window replacement (more 1890's vintage molding to work around), a little bit of wood siding replacement, perhaps a repair to a small section of the garage roof. 

Any recommendations?

http://www.thorsenconstruction.com/Pages/default.aspx

Ron is the owner you can say Sean said to call.I know he is busy. We do a lot of work together. We run custom mouldings as part of my business. For short run and if you dont need exact match I would reccomend Jaeger in Madison. They stock a fair amount of trim.You want sapele mahogany for outdoors. If you cant find somthing there you can pick from our cutters.We do short runs. Custom tooling for short runs gets real expensive. Dont do unless you have to.

Direct link to Jaeger catalog profiles- http://jaegerlumbernj.com/var/m_7/7a/7a5/689178/671868-jaeger%20catalog%207%202014.pdf

They havent updated in years. Find the profile and call to see if they have it in sapele mahogany.