ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

8 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

yes maam, that's what ima saying.

:::::::::::

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

This bill amends the federal criminal code to allow a qualified individual to carry a concealed handgun into or possess a concealed handgun in another state that allows individuals to carry concealed firearms.

A qualified individual must: (1) be eligible to possess, transport, or receive a firearm under federal law; (2) carry a valid photo identification document; and (3) carry a valid concealed carry permit issued by, or be eligible to carry a concealed firearm in, his or her state of residence.::::::::::::::

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/38?q={"search"%3A["concealed+carry+reciprocity+act"]}

to a point. but if it passes as worded, nj cannot stop a single one of us from carrying.

What you just posted reinforces the way Peel reads it, not the way you understand it.

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

how's that? we're all eligible to carry in our home state. every one of us as firearms owners are eligible.

What that means is that if your home state allows you to carry without a permit.   Exactly how are we as NJ residents "eligible"?

nevermind.....that was i think an older version. this one's the one i meant to post.....

::::::::::::::

SEC. 2. RECIPROCITY FOR THE CARRYING OF CERTAIN CONCEALED FIREARMS.

(a) In General.--Chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, is 
amended by inserting after section 926C the following:
``Sec. 926D. Reciprocity for the carrying of certain concealed firearms
    ``(a) Notwithstanding any provision of the law of any State or 
political subdivision thereof (except as provided in subsection (b)) 
and subject only to the requirements of this section, a person who is 
not prohibited by Federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, 
or receiving a firearm, who is carrying a valid identification document 
containing a photograph of the person, and who is carrying a valid 
license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and 
which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm or is entitled to 
carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides, may 
possess or carry a concealed handgun (other than a machinegun or 
destructive device) that has been shipped or transported in interstate 
or foreign commerce, in any State that--:::::::::::::

i added emphasis.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/38/text?format=txt

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

nevermind.....that was i think an older version. this one's the one i meant to post.....

i added emphasis.

I'm glad you found that, because I thought Hudson wanted Non resident permits to work (if this passes he will be my Abraham Lincoln) but then you posted the original text and I thought "Oh-N0, we are getting shafted again!"

sorry 'bout that. multi-tasking and all.......did the wrong one the first time, lolol

but....if it gets through like that.....there's not much nj can do to stop us from carrying, unless they end ALL concealed carry, which as we know will put it right to the supreme court toot sweet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

So it’s 

and who is carrying a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm or is entitled to carry a con- cealed firearm in the State in which the person resides

Versus

carry a valid concealed carry permit issued by, or be eligible to carry a concealed firearm in, his or her state of residence

Just now, Darrenf said:

I'm glad you found that, because I thought Hudson wanted Non resident permits to work (if this passes he will be my Abraham Lincoln) but then you posted the original text and I thought "Oh-N0, we are getting shafted again!"

if he gets this through, i will donate to any legitimate charity of his or any co-sponsors choice. as long as they get it through for the entire country.......and do it in such a way that the next administration cannot simply kill it.

• Like 1

Hang on.....

This is what it says...

You don' have a permit to carry in the state you reside in....

Show me what I  missing 

9 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i added emphasis.

Man, I'm still having a hard time (for whatever reason) wrapping my brain around this. I still think this wording leaves a carve-out for crazy states like Joisey. A New Hampshire permit still doesn't allow you to carry concealed in NJ. Therefore, this wouldn't allow CC in NJ. Am I totally confused??

Edit: USRifle30Cal and I were typing at the same time it seems... I think we're focused on the same phrase.

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Man, I'm still having a hard time (for whatever reason) wrapping my brain around this. I still think this wording leaves a carve-out for crazy states like Joisey. A New Hampshire permit still doesn't allow you to carry concealed in NJ. Therefore, this wouldn't allow CC in NJ. Am I totally confused??

you are confused. that new hampshire permit would under this bill become good in all 50 states. any issued ccw permit would become like your drivers license. it would be good nationwide. it doesn't say that said permit must already allow one to carry in their home state....only that it allows them to carry.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Edit: USRifle30Cal and I were typing at the same time it seems... I think we're focused on the same phrase.

A NH permit doesn't allow you to carry in NJ because NJ doesn't have reciprocity, which is the point of this bill.

I have read it again.....and once more.

Ya know, I think it does cover NJ residents that have out of state permits to be able to carry in any state......  wait this is NJ they will refuse to recognize it, waste your tax.money fighting it and again....  new jersyans are screwed 

3 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

First get it through the house, than senate, then survive state lawsuits and injunctions.  

i don't think states will have grounds to do lawsuits, if they have in the past accepted federal oversight which forced something on their citizens. something such as.....osamacare perhaps?

as for injunctions, i guess if trump hasn't gotten enough actual judges appointed by the time this happens, they'll happen.......but i feel they'll be struck down.

i'm trying to stay hopeful/positive here dammit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

you are confused. that new hampshire permit would under this bill become good in all 50 states. any issued ccw permit would become like your drivers license. it would be good nationwide. it doesn't say that said permit must already allow one to carry in their home state....only that it allows them to carry.

Then why is that wording that I highlighted in red in there? I'm sorry, but that reads like a curveball to me.

1 minute ago, Darrenf said:

A NH permit doesn't allow you to carry in NJ because NJ doesn't have reciprocity, which is the point of this bill.

shit....you just said in a single sentence what i just took an entire dam paragraph to say, lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

First get it through the house, than senate, then survive state lawsuits and injunctions.  

THIS. EVEN IF I cannot carry as NJ resident, I WANT every tom, dick and harry from others states to carry here. I then would challenge NJ ridiculous restrictions on its own Citizens.

Its a WIN-WIN no matter. But first, lets try to get it passed through and through.

• Like 4

Just now, Mrs. Peel said:

Then why is that wording that I highlighted in red in there? I'm sorry, but that reads like a curveball to me.

:::::

a person who is 

the purple part is the important part to states like us. so.....you have utah, florida, and new hampshire. bill passes. now you can carry.

part you highlighted in red is for states which already allow carry, but their citizens get caught up in crap like nj. think shaneen allen.

with those 2 parts, virtually anyone not prohibited from owning a firearm, and able to legally obtain a carry permit from any state can now carry. there will no longer be confusion as to which permits are honored in which states.

1 minute ago, USRifle30Cal said:

OR is what emails the difference

Yeah, I'm still not reading it that way. As someone else mentioned, that may just refer to states that don't REQUIRE a CC permit in the first place. Maybe I'm being too anal? I think that's a loophole that NJ will exploit. But, maybe you folks are right... and I'm just being too negative?

Yeah. I’m kinda with Peel on this. Confused. 

a person who is
1) not prohibited by Federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm,
2) who is carrying a valid identification document containing a photograph of the person,
3) and who is carrying a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm or is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides, may

not sure how #3 doesn’t mean the permit can be issued by any state but recognized by your state of residence. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Yeah, I'm still not reading it that way. As someone else mentioned, that may just refer to states that don't REQUIRE a CC permit in the first place. Maybe I'm being too anal? I think that's a loophole that NJ will exploit. But, maybe you folks are right... and I'm just being too negative?

Ur not negative - it' NEVER going to happen in NJ and will be fought ooh and nail by the legislature and gov.....

so not negative realistic. ....but it is hopeful and poses other interesting avenues for legal challeneges....if the nj 2a groups can get off heir asses  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

That was me and I was referring to the first draft, before they added "

which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and 
which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm ".

Just now, USRifle30Cal said:

Ur not negative - it' NEVER going to happen in NJ and will be fought ooh and nail by the legislature and gov.....

so not negative realistic. ....but it is hopeful and poses other interesting avenues for legal challeneges....if the nj 2a groups can get off heir asses  

and work together, rather than dissing each other.

that said......presume this bill passes this coming monday morning as worded. how can nj fight this?