ogfarmer

Modern Materiel Stipple/Cerakote Package Game #2

Since the update I posted was so far down in the other thread, we are making a stand alone post.

Joe from Modern Materiel and I decided that were going to open the game up to folks on here (NJGF) as well as the New Jersey Guns for Sale FB and MeWe Page since a bunch of members here aren't on those platforms and asked to participate.

All details are below about the game.

NJG4S Tactical Game #1

Here's a chance to get a great awesome custom stipple/cerakote package at a great value from one of NJ's custom shops.

One Winner will get a Custom frame/grip texture modification stippling package, Plus 1 color Cerakote Slide and Frame by Modern Materiel in Keyport, NJ

Modern Materiel is a NJ AR15 manufacturer and Pro shop. Along with Sales and Training they do all firearms builds, modifications, Slide milling, frame texturing (Stippling) in house and are a premier cerakote applicator doing other major firearms companies production weapons. Built for shooters by shooters. Joe and Pete run Modern Materiel and many know their work..

So here's the details:

- This is applicable to ANY Polymer framed gun - Glock, M&P, Kahr, Ruger, Walther, HK, etc...

- This is for a custom frame/grip modification package to a user supplied polymer frame pistol only. Plus 1 color cerakote of slide and frame. The work is valued at over $550

- It is open to the first 22 members that wish to enter.

- The cost is $25 per entry, multiple entries are allowed. (As many as you want)

- Member must DISCREET PayPal friends and family with their FB, MeWe or NJGF screen name and the $25 per entry.

ALSO entrant Must comment in this post the payment confirmation and the GAME SLOT(s) Number entry they want and they will be added to the list in their slot # they choose in this post.

FOLKS MAKE SURE YOU COPY AND PASTE EMAIL EXACTLY [email protected] to avoid spelling errors by entrants: [email protected]

- When the list reaches 22 paid entries We will select a winner and post video here. If we can't reach 22 entries we will refund all monies.

- The winner will need to contact Modern Material to arrange getting their polymer pistol to them for the work. They are a fully licensed FFL so you can ship it. You may also drop it off in person so you can meet the guys and see the shop -

Good Luck!

5. Lisa Fasanello (FB)

6. Andrew Huber (FB)

7. Bernard Burns (FB)

11. Patrick Hall (mewe)

20. Eric Troia (FB)

22. Medic2264 (NJGF)

Bumpity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just a thought...It would't have to be bumped if the amount of slots were lowered. Normally when a business does a raffle of goods or services to promote a business, the goods or services are donated or provided at a nominal fee. Since there is no charity involved, I can understand covering costs, but when the service is valued at $550 and they're selling $550 worth of chances...

Not catching your point Chris. You are paying 1/22 of the cost of the value of the item for a 1 in 22 chance of winning. Seems pretty fair to me.

The benefit is, if you win, you are getting something worth 22 times more than you are paying for it.

You are paying a nominal and affordable amount to receive, what for some, is a package they couldn't normally afford.

The last one worked great for Fishnut. He ended up getting a nice grip job that maybe he wouldn't have spent the money on for himself. No one felt ripped off, the company got some of their products into the hands of members here, everyone was happy, and the guy doing the work was fairly compensated for his time and talent. Win, win, win, win.

• Like 3

Just a thought...It would't have to be bumped if the amount of slots were lowered. Normally when a business does a raffle of goods or services to promote a business, the goods or services are donated or provided at a nominal fee. Since there is no charity involved, I can understand covering costs, but when the service is valued at $550 and they're selling $550 worth of chances...

Chris,

Wow you just completely discounted the amount of experience and skill needed to accomplish these upgrades. Let alone our pricing is very competitive compared to our peers.  I can appreciate your opinion, but the focus of this raffle is less about promoting our company and more about allowing someone to get this work done at a very low price. I'm sorry you feel that $25 is a lot for any entry but this work takes many hours.

Another point is this will significantly raise the value of the pistol...

I'll agree with Chris this is more of a win/win/win for Modern Materiel they get work into the shop, full payment for work and free advertising. I don't have a problem with any of it though, but lets not pretend this about the forums members as they are actually getting zero discount on the work.

Where did you get your $550 custom gun package for $25? Because I want one too.

Sure MM is getting something out of it, but so is one of our members. Fishnut seems pretty happy about the last one...

• Like 1

I sure am happy about winning!! I bought 2 entries for a cost of 40 bucks, and caught shit from the wife for spending that. I do not have the money to spend on custom grip stippling as I have an 8 month old baby and a stay at home wife so money is tight. Winning is like an early Christmas present to me and I'm very excited to go back some evening this week to pick my shield up and shoot it.

Also to add to this I took a look at a few of their cerakote jobs and they are top notch as well. I have an eye for detail as I am a former autobody painter and I could not find one flaw or speck of dust or anything in the jobs I looked at. These guys are also very critical of their work them selves. While I was there an employee brought up a freshly cerakoteed rifle, from what I gather it was also cerakoteed the day before but they did not like the color green that was used so the entire rifle was done over untill it was up to their standards. If cerakote is anything like auto paint if you have to repaint you lost money on the job. I guess MM dosent care as much about making money as they do about putting out a quality job and making their customers happy.

I'll agree with Chris this is more of a win/win/win for Modern Materiel they get work into the shop, full payment for work and free advertising.  I don't have a problem with any of it though, but lets not pretend this about the forums members as they are actually getting zero discount on the work.

do

And why should it be free