SJG

Microwave Oven Problem

If you are handy with a soldering iron you can probably fix it.  The problem is likely a fuse or a diode that feeds the magnetron..  punch in the brand and model into youtube and you will probably find a DIY video.  Be careful though, you are working with high voltage.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

I've made the mistake of not unplugging the microwave changing the fuse when it blew (old microwave).  That did not feel good.

I will never forget my first monitor repair in 1998.  I may have pooped in my pants a little bit.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

If you are handy with a soldering iron you can probably fix it.  The problem is likely a fuse or a diode that feeds the magnetron..  punch in the brand and model into youtube and you will probably find a DIY video.  Be careful though, you are working with high voltage.

This. Likely an easy repair. As has been stated before, PLEASE unplug it before you open it up!!!

• Like 1

Before sending microwave oven in for repair, I would try using some electronic contact cleaner on all the connections on the circuit board. A dim LCD display could be a symptom of low voltage to the display (similar to what you see when a digital watch display dims) which could be caused by a resistive connection between the power supply and the panel.