Sign in to follow this  
tbtrout

Kids at the range

I had my kids at the range this morning. The place was packed and there was some big guns going off. My daughter,5, kept her hands over her ear muffs the whole time.So she did not shoot. My son ,8, didn't mind the noise and shot a 22 pistol and an old savage 22 that we customized for him. It was his first time with a rifle and I discovered he is right handed left eye dominent. He did ok, but the main thing is wants to go back.

Both love reloading with me and pheasent hunting so this is promising.

if you went to brick armory, I think it is the range acoustics themselves. I was in there with my gf, when I went to introduce myself and the forums to the range owner. When we went into the range, someone was shooting a 45 it seems, was alot louder than at any other range where I shot. If you are actually in the ports, it is not bad at all, but if in the general area in the back, it does get loud.

Another thing that adds to it is they allow and rent rifles. They have an AK and AR for rent. It does get loud along the back wall. The problem I have is I have had too many guns, cannons and explosives go off around me, loud noise is not an issue anymore. Low noise is because I can't hear it.