Maksim

Aug - Sept PA Gun Shows

Double check Appalachian Promotions. The Philly Armory Show is cancelled until further notice. I went to the last one they had. Not too bad.

I'll be at the Bristol, PA show to see what I can pick up for my Black Rifle builds. Small show but only 35-40 minutes from me. Aug 8-9 I think.

that will be good to go to... close enough anyway. not driving to king of prussia. i refuse to go out that far into PA unless I am taking the north east extension into the poconos.

ah, ski season... can smell the snow.

Maksim if you go to the Poconos you will be in my neighborhood.

I am a little north of Keiffers. Dunkelbergers is 4 miles from my home.

There is a show in Wind Gap this Sat and Sunday put on by Eagle Arms. Small but a decent show. It is in the Plainfield Twp firehouse.

Aug 22-23 Wind Gap Fire Company Eagle Arms 610-398-2650

Anyone been to that one?

Bout an hour fifteen for me.

I've not been to this one, but I've been to a few shows by Eagle Arms and they usually have pretty good shows. Not too much junk.. a good amount of guns.

Looking at heading to the show this weekend.

1st gun show, can anyone tell me what to expect? any ammo? are the prices that much better?

1) KNOW what you are looking at and what you can get it for elsewhere

2) know how much you want to spend

3) don't go ga-ga

+1 to Reese's comments, plus

4. Don't be afraid to haggle. Worst they can say is no, and you keep walking.

5. Make sure you carry a long gun around the show in plain view (slung over shoulder, etc), it will make you feel American.

6. Try to avoid a. the guy who smells like he bathes in week old chili dogs, and b. the senile old man who smells like he's been sitting in a piss soaked diaper for 2 weeks.

7. Remember what is legal and what is not in NJ (high-caps and such)

8. Remember your driver's license, FPID card, and cash.

9. Eat before you go, and/or plan a food stop on the way back.. the snack bar is iffy.

10. Have a good time.

I swear #6's follow me to every gun show I go to.

You can find ammo there, but it's usually by the box, not the case. Price's are usually on the high side, but refer to #4. Pay your $8 as a tax to browse without the Nazi laws of this state.

Oh I forgot.. if you have a shopping list, or something you like, walk the whole show and find the lowest price.. unless of course.. it is something very rare that will sell before you get back, then you need to make a decision.

The Allentown show is pretty small, but it is a nice show, hardly any junk at all. The guy with the garands and the guy with the Black Rifle Parts should be right in the lobby, and the guy with the class 3 stuff should be just inside the main room through the main doors. Eagle Arms will probably be set up in the far left corner.. They are good guys with decent prices..

Thanks, guys, I wasnt in the market for anything (always looking for ammo) but I think I may look for some WW2 era stuff, maybe a Mosin or k98k. Saving my cash for an AR and prices have been dropping. I appreciate the advise and plan on being there when it opens and budgeting enough time to stop at Cracker Barrel.