Maksim

Aug - Sept PA Gun Shows

Aug 7-9 Newportville. Heritage Hall, 2425 New Falls Road, T: 300 8'. F: $50. A: $6.,Sat. 9-5, Sun. 9-4, Pat, (215) 355-6798 [email protected].

Aug 15-16 Leesport, Leesport Farmers Market Appalachian Promotions 717-697-3088 [email protected]

Aug 22-23 Bradford, 625 South Ave. [email protected]

Aug 22-23 Philadelphia, National Guard Armory, Appalachian Promotions 717-697-3088 [email protected]

Aug 22-23 Wind Gap Fire Company Eagle Arms 610-398-2650

Sep 4-6 Allentown, Days Inn Conference Center 250 Tables Eagle Arms 610-398-2650

Sep 12-13 Greensburg, Event Center at Westmoreland Mall, Rt. 30, paguncollectors.org 412-486-1129

Sep 12-13 Greencastle. Mason Dixon Auto Auction Appalachian Promotions 717-697-3088 [email protected]

Sep 18-20 King of Prussia, 700 tbls $75 Valley Forge Convention Center valleyforgegunshow.com

Sep 26-27 Alburtis Community Center Eagle Arms 610-398-2650

Sep 26-27 Easton Knife Show, Forks Township Community Center, 500 Zucksville Road, 200 6' tbls $50, A:$5, Sat 9-5, Sun 9-3 Bill Goodman, CPA, Good Knives, LLC 610-253-2745, 610-258-5063,,[email protected].

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/penn.htm

Having lived in the people's republik of jersey all my life, I have never gone to a gun show. Just what can a jersey guy actually buy at a PA gun show and bring back with him? sounds like it might be a fun day out?

never gone to a gun show

Years back I used to attend one up in the Bear Mountain area at the Bear Mountain Inn.

I've gotten fed up attending them up here in NH. Same vendors with the same overpriced items. More and more the firearm's vendors are pushed up by knife and beef jerky vendors. While they get crowds (at least lately) few leave happy. No ammo and what is available is way overpriced.

FYI--I don't know if any of you have been to the Day's Inn show in Allentown, but it's a small place, and it's so tightly packed you have to move with everyone else. Also, the parking is terrible! You might not even be able to find a spot.

Again, save the gas money and go to the show at the Agricultural Hall in Allentown on May 9-10. Good show!

If you want black powder, historical firearms and Nazi memorabilia, the Ag Hall show is great....If you want modern firearms, or ammo, your choices will be limited. I really like the AG Hall show, but I rarely buy anything. I find there is a lot more stuff that I am interested in at the Valley Forge show.....In addition, I havent been to a gun show in a while...Im tired of the crack smoking insane overinflated prices. I find I can do a lot better buying online.

The last time I was at Valley Forge I found it to be infested with anyone who was or wanted to be in a Militia. They had their Platoon shirts on designating them as Sniper Co or Raider Co, from White Supremacists to Arm Chair One Commando Units. It was a real turnoff for me. I had my young kids there as we were making a trip to the Camp after the show. The representation of gun owners was media stereotypical at best.

Not to come off like I am better than anyone, to each their own. But I did not see very many deals that make it worth going back. Did I just hit a bad day, or is that what they have become.

Yep...Unfortunately gun shows always bring out the kooks. Ive seen people at the AG Hall show dressed like WW2 Nazis walking around, and of course the white power/militia guys are Valley Forge. I just try to ignore them and not even pretend to look at their table. The few people ive brought to some of those shows were so freaked out by that stuff, they never asked to go back to a gun show again. One friend is a wall of a human. He is 6'6" at least, maybe taller, with a pompadour. He rides a motorcycle and wears vintage clothing. He is also from Ireland, with the accent and all, and really likes American culture and guns, although he doesnt own any. He was so excited to go to the show, but after the kooks he saw, he was freaked out. This was a few years ago and he still talks about how scary he found it. For some of the dealers and buyers at the shows, , Nazi stuff is more than just a hobby it seems.

While not technically in April, Don't forget the SAR show MAY 1st,2nd,3rd in York, PA.

There is about 1200 tables. Most of it will be a typical gun show, but there is also the FA stuff. They show off the all brass Navy Vickers type deck guns, tommy's, M2, M1919 etc.... There is some cools stuff there.

I will be at the Allentown show at the end of the month. Probably Saturday.

Tony, from what I hear this was legit a few years ago regarding the 20-30 Rd AR mags, if you block the mag with a piece of wood to the point where it only accept 15 Rds or less it is NJ legal...MAKE SURE to double check on this, as I am not more than 50% sure on the legality. I never did it myself so I never checked.

TBTrout, I couldnt agree with you more, that kind of thing can leave a very bad taste in your mouth and leave yourself wondering, "what the hell am I doing here"

Anyone planning on going to an August show. I'd like to head down and see if I can find some good deal on so ammo and possibly some reloading supplies for when I start and possibly a an older type of rifle.

Anyone interested?

Double check Appalachian Promotions. The Philly Armory Show is cancelled until further notice. I went to the last one they had. Not too bad.

I'll be at the Bristol, PA show to see what I can pick up for my Black Rifle builds. Small show but only 35-40 minutes from me. Aug 8-9 I think.

Double check Appalachian Promotions. The Philly Armory Show is cancelled until further notice. I went to the last one they had. Not too bad.

I'll be at the Bristol, PA show to see what I can pick up for my Black Rifle builds. Small show but only 35-40 minutes from me. Aug 8-9 I think.

that will be good to go to... close enough anyway. not driving to king of prussia. i refuse to go out that far into PA unless I am taking the north east extension into the poconos.

ah, ski season... can smell the snow.