Hello,

I’ve been lurking for awhile as a new ish handgun owner. I did have a question regarding shotguns because I’ve seen conflicting info in places. Having poked around here for awhile it everyone here is knowledgeable. So my question is this. Is the below shot gun NJ legal? Thanks very much.

-D

Remington 870 Tac-14 12 Ga, 14" Barrel, Arm Brace, Magpul M-Lok Fore-end

36 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

AND, as a NJ resident with a NJ FPID card, you MUST purchase it in NJ.

Forget about a tax-free purchase at Cabela's in Delaware.

Forgot that firearms like the tac-14 have to be sold in the state that you are a resident in. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, DieselCane said:

Thanks everyone. Was going to buy online but I guess that’s out. Appreciate the feedback 

Someone correct me if I am wrong but you could order the gun online and have it shipped to an NJ FFL.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Tunaman said:

That IS true.  Buy it anywhere you want and have it shipped to the FFL of your choice in NJ.

I’m glad it’s true because I bought it and having it shipped here From Utah to a dealer. The seller also confirmed he could ship it. 

Thanks All 

On 3/18/2020 at 3:58 PM, DieselCane said:

I’m glad it’s true because I bought it and having it shipped here From Utah to a dealer. The seller also confirmed he could ship it. 

Thanks All 

Not to be a Debbie downer, but a braced Tac-14 (or Shockwave) are a bitch to shoot.  Recoil is tough on your cheek and shoulder.  The pistol-grip version is easier to handle. 

On 3/16/2020 at 8:52 PM, always_an_eagle said:

Someone correct me if I am wrong but you could order the gun online and have it shipped to an NJ FFL.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but you can even have a long gun shipped to a PA FFL who generally charge much less. 

Just now, deerpark said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but you can even have a long gun shipped to a PA FFL who generally charge much less. 

You ain't wrong, pistols and non-nfa gotta go through a NJ FFL

14 minutes ago, JerseyMak said:

I thought the minimum legal barrel length in NJ was 18"?  This one is 14".

True for SHOTGUNS. But this is an OTHER. Must buy in your home state and a Pistol Purchase Permit is NOT required, nor is any BATFE paperwork or stamp.

It does NOT have a stock. It was not meant to be shouldered.

And the overall length meets the 26" minimum to avoid the SBR/SBS rule.

It is an OTHER FIREARM, neither a rifle nor a shotgun (as it meets the statutory definition of neither)

Them's the rules! :yes: