Malsua

Chip's last flight

On 7/24/2020 at 11:54 AM, Malsua said:

Saw this the other night, had to capture it...

We had a pair of red tails stalking one of our cats in the yard sunday afternoon after i got back from cr while having a cocktail...and he is a big boy !

Once our boxer got wind of them it was a bark screech fest till i stood up then they took off...

• Like 1

When our Bichon was a little Tater tot, I put up deer netting over the deck, just for this reason. 

Now he's 26lb and it'd take a Pterodactyl to get him off the ground, lol.

I saw a Great Horned Owl munching on a cat some years back.    It was standing there about 2 foot tall enjoying Garfield tartar.   I don't know if it was a road kill that it moved off the road, or was just death from above.  That Owl was proud of his trophy though.

• Like 1

I had a pair of broad wing hawks nest a few hundred yards from my house. They are very territorial when nesting an would screech and scream like crazy and dive bomb us when we were outside and the dogs too. My Daschund is only 14lbs so he's only been allowed outside with the Vizsla(bird hunting dog) or if were outside with him. Looks like they left the nest the Monday before last now that the baby is old enough to fly 

• Informative 1

Our old black chow went out back at night to pee.  It was dark and I didn't notice what was in his mouth.  Came in all happy and proud as he dropped a dead rabbit on the living room carpet.  Kids were screaming, wife shouting, poor dog was probably thinking "what?  I just caught you dinner"

• Haha 2