Sign in to follow this  
orangesolo

Petition Christie

Don't know if anyone's seen this. Don't know if it's already up on this forum. Don't know if this is the right subsection it should be posted it. Do know that you all should sign it, no matter if it doesn't do jack shit. Even if there is a 0.00000000000000001% chance, why not take it? Costs you nothing & takes less than a minute to fill out. 

Here you are - http://www.nj2as.org/petition_christie_right_to_carry?recruiter_id=10056

it's more like a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% chance of passing.  Christie doesn't give shit about gun laws and political career is over.  He pandered to appear as a real republican during the primaries and since he was a sitting governor he had to do some gun friendly things he really didn't want to.   Remember when he was AG he supported the AWB, HE IS NOT GUN FRIENDLY AT ALL, and will no longer do the modest things he was doing a year ago for gun owners.  

I think a lot of the pushing 2a directly in this state, while very admirable, is flawed as I've said before.  You need to find gun friendly legislators that resonate on other topics with the majority of voters.  That would center around tax issues in NJ--or fiscal discipline in general.  

• Like 2

Give it a shot.

Christie is done, though. He came in and he rammed through reforms to state pensions and benefits (no matter how small). He broke up the PVSC and sent in the state police to watch them. He was like the Blitzkrieg, I've never seen anything like it in Jersey in my life. Now, a few months ago, he changes a few words on CCW that hardly change anything from a practical standpoint and he lets legislature shut him down. He's done.

You mean like the law he signed today that takes away you FID card when your wife or girlfriend or whoever accuses you of domestic violence. He isn't worried about no anymore. He's looking for book deals

say what? isn't this the same bill he vetoed earlier? what was his rationale this time? how does this bill work if you rely on a gun for your job (law enforcement, security, etc)? you're deprived of 2a rights AND income based on...accusations? no idea how this law stands up to legal scrutiny, even in this dumb state

I could write a book on how stupid this petition actually IS!  What if a Nor' Easter hit the coast during a high tide cycle.  What would government do?  They'd pass a clean-up Bill to spend extra money, right?  So what everyone is telling me is that we look really smart telling a sitting Governor that he can't sign an emergency appropriations Bill UNTIL all of us Serfs can carry???  Smart?  NOT!

THIS IS "FEEL GOOD" IN REVERSE, meant to satisfy the simple minded.  What it does in reality is make us all look like FOOLS.  Like children sucking their thumbs and holding their breath till we all turn blue.  Meanwhile, the adults in the room have real-world problems to solve.

ADULT MUCH?

• Like 1