Range 14 question

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mattm754

mattm754
  • LocationOcean County, NJ
  • Home Range:Garden State Shooting Center

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

I would have posted this on Range 14's own forums, but it seems like the confirmation email(s) are being delivered by the Pony Express.

I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify Rule 5, which reads: 5. Shooters will dispose of their targets, target holders, and spent shells in the appropriate trash receptacles provided, or take it home. YOU MAY PICK UP YOUR BRASS, AND ONLY YOUR BRASS.

Does this mean that when I'm done shooting at the rifle or pistol range, that I must pick up all of my brass? Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I've never been to a range where I had to pick up my brass (I usually go to indoor ranges and have gone to Thunder Mountain for trap/skeet, and they don't care), and I usually associate shotgun shells/hulls with the word "shell" and not with spent casings.

If this is the case, and I must pick up my spent brass, does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to go about this?

#2 MartyZ

MartyZ
  • LocationCentral Jersy
  • Home Range:Range 14

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

You may pick up your brass, if you want. But if you are picking up brass you can ONLY pick up your own. You do not have to pick up your brass, but you can't pick up any one else's brass. You MUST however pick up shotgun shells, target, and any other garbage.

• silverado427 likes this

#3 mattm754

mattm754

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the clarification.

#4 AverageJoe

AverageJoe
  • Location40.9241667 / -74.3025
  • Home Range:RTSP! - Easton Fish & Game

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:33 PM

What they're saying is, always clean up after yourself. If you want your brass(and your brass only) take it...if not, clean up your brass and put it in the designated spots. Indoor ranges, push it forward(usually), outdoor ranges(like Easton) will have "brass buckets".  

#5 MartyZ

MartyZ
  • LocationCentral Jersy

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:07 PM

What they're saying is, always clean up after yourself. If you want your brass(and your brass only) take it...if not, clean up your brass and put it in the designated spots. Indoor ranges, push it forward(usually), outdoor ranges(like Easton) will have "brass buckets".  

They don't require you to clean up your brass, you can leave it where it landed. They do however require you to pick up your shot gun shells.

#6 Scorpio64

Scorpio64
  • LocationExit 105
  • Home Range:R-14

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:57 AM

You have to clean up anything they cant make money off of and you can't pick up anything that would start a fight.

• Smokin .50, MartyZ and Fred2 like this

"Step by step they were led to things which dispose to vice, the lounge, the bath, the elegant banquet. All this in their ignorance they called civilization, when it was but a part of their servitude."
Tacitus

“This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration.  Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future.”—Adolf Hitler, 1935

#7 MartyZ

MartyZ
  • LocationCentral Jersy

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:19 AM

You have to clean up anything they cant make money off of and you can't pick up anything that would start a fight.

That's exactly what it is. I couldn't have said it better myself.

#8 AverageJoe

AverageJoe
  • Location40.9241667 / -74.3025
  • Home Range:RTSP! - Easton Fish & Game

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:51 PM

They don't require you to clean up your brass, you can leave it where it landed. They do however require you to pick up your shot gun shells.

People should always clean up their mess out of consideration regardless.  

#9 MartyZ

MartyZ
  • LocationCentral Jersy

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:05 PM

I agree, but that wasn't the question. The question was, what are the R-14 rules.

#10 mattm754

mattm754

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:41 PM

Sweeping it out of the way is different than picking it up, IMO. I simply want to know what is required of me so that I don't make an ass of myself when I go there.
  • njplinker likes this

#11 Smokin .50

Smokin .50
  • LocationNear Old Bridge NJ
  • Home Range:Old Bridge, Monmouth, Cherry Ridge, on the Farm in Vernon!

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:41 PM

At $1.30 per pound a few buds can shoot enough rounds in a coupla range visits to buy dinner for a couple at a nice restaurant, so WHY would you leave THAT sorta money layin' on the ground?  If any of you shoot with me and don't want yer brass, I'll gladly police it for you :) .  I can go to Fernandes Steakhouse III on Rt. 35 North in Sayreville after I visit the Beacon Scrap yard, lol! 

Being SAFE is my FIRST priority. Bring enough Gun & have all of the Fun you can Handle! Have 10 Ga., WILL knock Pheasants out of the Sky!

#12 My1stGlock

My1stGlock
  • LocationMonmouth County
  • Home Range:CRRC

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:05 PM

The targets that you buy from them and anything else you bring to shoot at like empty soda cans, water jugs and milk containers should be discarded behind the main building. Put them in the dumpsters don't throw them in the garbage cans near your stations. Those are for the smaller items such as empty ammo boxes. 

And don't let Jonathan catch you picking up other shell casings than your own..........lol.

#13 jm1827

jm1827

Son, fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

• Premier Member
  • 2,415 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the swamps of Jersey
  • Home Range:Range 14, CJRPC

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:07 AM

The targets that you buy from them and anything else you bring to shoot at like empty soda cans, water jugs and milk containers should be discarded behind the main building. Put them in the dumpsters don't throw them in the garbage cans near your stations. Those are for the smaller items such as empty ammo boxes. 

And don't let Jonathan catch you picking up other shell casings than your own..........lol.

Jon is a tool to say the least, for some reason he always felt compelled to tell me his life story, probably because I was too nice!

Joe

NRA Life Member
NJ2AS Member

5+ months for a FID change of address...

5-1/2 months for my latest P2P...

A process we were told would take 30 days or less.

ALL who work for a living must vote to outvote those who vote for a living.

“The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” JAMES MADISON

#14 MartyZ

MartyZ
  • LocationCentral Jersy

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:47 AM

At $1.30 per pound a few buds can shoot enough rounds in a coupla range visits to buy dinner for a couple at a nice restaurant, so WHY would you leave THAT sorta money layin' on the ground?  If any of you shoot with me and don't want yer brass, I'll gladly police it for you :) .  I can go to Fernandes Steakhouse III on Rt. 35 North in Sayreville after I visit the Beacon Scrap yard, lol! 

Where are you getting $1.30 per pound? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users