Sign in to follow this  
MrMcKulit

IDPA Match in Bridgewater on Sunday 6/21

I read wrong. It's 9mm and up. So I can use my 1911 or G22 and I just need to get a holster. But I don't have 10rd mags for G22. Can I just load 10 rounds in the mag or I have to go get 10 round mags. Do I need to register, or simply show up? Never done this so please not laugh at me.

Can I use a Glock with 15 rounds mag but only put in 10

With my 9mm pistol ... that's what I was told.

Actually I was told to put 11 in the first mag so that I can have 10 in there and 1 in the chamber. The second and third mag should have only 10.

You can register on site.

>>>This would be my first "competitive" shoot ever, and first time at this range.<<<

Will be my first time if I get to go.

It is fun .... don't get intimidated (I was).

Just concentrate on what you're doing and always point the muzzle towards downrange and you'll be fine.

I didn't treat it as a competitive shoot .... I was just there to gain experience and be familiar with the rules. Competitiveness will come in later :D

Also for anyone NEW FIRST TIME> I am going to do this in caps to send the message home!

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT TAKE YOUR GUN OUT OF ITS CASE ANYWHERE BUT THE SAFE TABLE. YOU CAN BE EJECTED FOR THIS. ONCE THE GUN IS IN THE HOLSTER WITHOUT A MAG IN IT DO NOT TOUCH THE GUN UNTIL YOU ARE TOLD TO DO SO.

This is very serious,one of the biggest part of IDPA is saftey.

When the match is over go back to the safe table unhoster your gun and put it back in the box.

IF you can make it to the WED. night before you will get a saftey briefing. Do not bring your gun you are there for the saftey talk.

Also for anyone NEW FIRST TIME> I am going to do this in caps to send the message home!

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT TAKE YOUR GUN OUT OF ITS CASE ANYWHERE BUT THE SAFE TABLE. YOU CAN BE EJECTED FOR THIS. ONCE THE GUN IS IN THE HOLSTER WITHOUT A MAG IN IT DO NOT TOUCH THE GUN UNTIL YOU ARE TOLD TO DO SO.

This is very serious,one of the biggest part of IDPA is saftey.

When the match is over go back to the safe table unhoster your gun and put it back in the box.

IF you can make it to the WED. night before you will get a saftey briefing. Do not bring your gun you are there for the saftey talk.

+1

LOL ... :mrgreen: Ask where the safe table is when you arrive at the site.