Maciej

Hey From Butler

Hey guys.

Well as a little introduction, I'm from Butler in Morris County.

I do a substantial amount of work in the exotic car field, from working on them, tuning them, to at the moment being in the process of opening up a dealership in Florida. I also do quite a bit of photography in my free time as well as setting up meets. Below are a couple pictures from a few meets.

DSCN4338.JPG

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_9236.JPG

IMG_9241.JPG

IMG_9642.jpg

IMG_9605.jpg

As far as firearms go, I was the owner of a nice Remington 700 SPS Tactical .223 however I recently sold it to a friend in the military and am on my way to figuring out how to piece together an AR .308 for long distance shooting.

Pics of the SPS-T

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

And my lovely new Walther P99 9mm AS

IMG_1540.jpg

I should have consolidated this into my initial post, but what kind of camera do you use? I've been thinking about getting into photography as a hobby, and any information about the hardware would be appreciated. I've been looking at the Canon XS, as it seems newbie-friendly from what I've read, but capable of taking high quality shots... as well as not too bad on the wallet ;)

I should have consolidated this into my initial post, but what kind of camera do you use? I've been thinking about getting into photography as a hobby, and any information about the hardware would be appreciated. I've been looking at the Canon XS, as it seems newbie-friendly from what I've read, but capable of taking high quality shots... as well as not too bad on the wallet ;)

I personally use a Canon 20D with a Sigma 10-20 lens.

As far as recommendations, the best I can say is to go on eBay and find a 20D, 30D, or 40D. Any of those will be far superior to the Rebel series.

Ahhhh your right by the lake maybe???? I could be wrong, I tend to stay away from clinton road due to the silly hs kids that like to try and hit you in their cars

Yeah, my fiancee lives not too far away from Upper Greenwood Lake. Clinton Road is only good at certain times, I try to run our group of cars through there very early in the morning to avoid the people who think their Kia can keep up with a 997 Turbo.

welcome post whore. =P

beautiful shots.... I see we have a few photographers on the forums... Maciej, polish right? Best friend's dad is named that.

welcome to the forum sir!

I have to compensate for all the time I haven't known about this great forum ;)

Yup I'm polish, born there and came with my family here at 2.5y/o.

Welcome. Where do you shoot?

Handguns predominantly the Bullet Hole, although I'm looking to join the Riverdale Pistol Club eventually once some business things are sorted out finally. Rifle I spent a bit of time at the Davis Range in Goshen, but since I told the Remington I haven't gone there in quite a while.

Welcome from Sussex County.

There seem to be a disproportionate number of photographers among the members here. I think we're at 4 or 5 now. Maybe we all need to get together and do some shooting/shooting as a group. There seems to be a shortage of good shooting sports images out there. Maybe a targeted stock collection? Moving car shots are tough. Fun to do, and really nice when they work, but tough. Nice images... what kind of rig are you using, underbody or off the hood? Either way, nicely done.

Good. Another Canon guy.

Welcome from Sussex County.

There seem to be a disproportionate number of photographers among the members here. I think we're at 4 or 5 now. Maybe we all need to get together and do some shooting/shooting as a group. There seems to be a shortage of good shooting sports images out there. Maybe a targeted stock collection? Moving car shots are tough. Fun to do, and really nice when they work, but tough. Nice images... what kind of rig are you using, underbody or off the hood? Either way, nicely done.

Good. Another Canon guy.

I was in a huge motorcycle accident last year, which was when I started learning rolling shooting for cars so I decided to just begin hanging out of the window ;)

P1080021.JPG

ust begin hanging out of the window

In that case, excellent work with the lo-tech solution. Cuts down retouching time, too. :D

K

You might always want to look into the Cherry Ridge Range. Then you can shoot everything from pistol, rifle, to shotgun, to even bow kinda like one stop shopping and the yearly membership is pennies compared to paying to go to davis's range ETC.

I was just talking with Malsua who is big into photography and I'm just getting started out and next time we go to Cherry Ridge were bringing the cameras to see if we can get a photo op going while were there.

You might always want to look into the Cherry Ridge Range. Then you can shoot everything from pistol, rifle, to shotgun, to even bow kinda like one stop shopping and the yearly membership is pennies compared to paying to go to davis's range ETC.

I was just talking with Malsua who is big into photography and I'm just getting started out and next time we go to Cherry Ridge were bringing the cameras to see if we can get a photo op going while were there.

I will definitely be signing up there eventually. I'm looking to build the AR first before I sign up there.