1LtCAP

tomcat

I knew a guy who built and flew one. Absolutely the most impressive RC aircraft I’ve ever seen. 

Twin turbines. Sweeping wings. So incredible to see the wings sweep in flight. 

He told me the c/g change when he swept the wings required a LOT of mixing and control input. 

He also told me what he had in it, money wise. I almost passed out when he told me! 

Edited to add: it was this kit. 
http://www.skymasterjets.net/f14.htm

3 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I knew a guy who built and flew one. Absolutely the most impressive RC aircraft I’ve ever seen. 

Twin turbines. Sweeping wings. So incredible to see the wings sweep in flight. 

He told me the c/g change when he swept the wings required a LOT of mixing and control input. 

He also told me what he had in it, money wise. I almost passed out when he told me! 

Edited to add: it was this kit. 
http://www.skymasterjets.net/f14.htm

i was trying to not think of what this guy has in that thing. did you see the radio he's using? looked almost like a small'ish computer.

can you imagine the pucker factor on the first test/trim flight? hell.......i had a pretty high pucker factor just test flying a .40 size spitfire that cost me less than 200 bucks, lolol. i almost crashed it too........

6 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i was trying to not think of what this guy has in that thing. did you see the radio he's using? looked almost like a small'ish computer.

can you imagine the pucker factor on the first test/trim flight? hell.......i had a pretty high pucker factor just test flying a .40 size spitfire that cost me less than 200 bucks, lolol. i almost crashed it too........

He told me he had upwards of $40K in the whole setup. I had jets that were less that $8K fully kitted out, and I was nervous as a long tail cat in a rocking chair factory while I was flying them! 

No way in HELL could I fly that kind of money! 

1 minute ago, Displaced Texan said:

He told me he had upwards of $40K in the whole setup. I had jets that were less that $8K fully kitted out, and I was nervous as a long tail cat in a rocking chair factory while I was flying them! 

No way in HELL could I fly that kind of money! 

nope. i'd build it, program it into the radio, possibly taxi it a couple times, then keep it all nice n purty

2 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

IF I were to get back into it again, I’d do one of these. 
http://www.bvmjets.com/Pages/kits/kingcat.htm

So docile to fly, but will haul ass. 

didn't you show me one of those when i came to pick up those helos?

i will be getting mack in the air again....both r/c and reupping my ppl. 3 payments left on mortgage, then i start. with r/c though, i'm gonna strick to my normal old ww2 ear warbirds.....and of course i'll get my hanger9 t-34 airborn again. that plane was serious fun.

5 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

still super cool though

15 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

didn't you show me one of those when i came to pick up those helos?

i will be getting mack in the air again....both r/c and reupping my ppl. 3 payments left on mortgage, then i start. with r/c though, i'm gonna strick to my normal old ww2 ear warbirds.....and of course i'll get my hanger9 t-34 airborn again. that plane was serious fun.

still super cool though

I used to have its little brother, the BVM Bobcat. 

The Kingcat is MUCH larger.